Post Sodbury Analysis

minivin

Well, got back about an hour ago, went with too much money as I didn't find what I wanted :rolleyes: nearly brought a Sankey but thought "parents will go mad", to which when I got home they said "oh, that would have been handy for going to the dump", can't win :lol:

So, got my LT77 gear lever, got a Series Transfer Case Hi/Lo Lever for the conversion, found Stewart a V8 conversion kit, and even brought some Wipac 100W spot lamps. But alas didn't find a Salisbury 110 Disc Braked axle so hence the lots of money left :(

Anyone else find what they wanted?

Guest diesel_jim

I got a few good un's....

an excellent genuine X-eng handbrake kit (not one of the lego orange ones)

a pair of brand new beamach 110 HD longer rear springs for £30

4 of the NAS larger lights (two brake and 2 clear's.... there were lots, obviously a job lot of militay wolf reverse and fog lights) so i just need to get 4 indicator ones now for a full set for the 110

brand new sankey jack £10

and a york 210 compressor for a fiver! just as the heavens opened, so got a good deal. great for on board air!

and got dad a morse signalling light for when his birthday is.

didn't find a ropey old NATO hitch though (anyone got one? rusted up is great, as is missing top jaw bit as i've got a box of spares) or any nice looking 110 side sills. you know, the ones that don't stick out the side by 4"! :rolleyes:

I was worried about not being able to find Trac-Edges since they went out of production - the place was full of them! I picked up a 750R16 for £2.

I also had a chat to Will Warne while he was waiting in a stationary queue for quite a while, but least said there the better I think...

James

You also got a tdi header tank, will deliver tomorrow, and weight Tony in for it next time !!

I did not get a lot, as a lot was not needed :blink:

another excellent genuine X-eng handbrake kit for the hybrid

Pair new gen black alloy wing tops for the 110

Pair Def door mirrors for a mate

New r.h outer wing and use r/h one for the hybrid

that abou it !!

We had a good day and sold most of what we took, but I still spent more than I made :rolleyes:

As ever always nice so see a few faces from the forum, even if it is a very quick 'hello' as it's raining down.

A top hose temp switch thingy from X-Eng, keyring and stickers too :D

A prop shaft for the rear of the 90 for a fiver which I though was a bargain as it was very good nick and I then bought a 'few' winches :rolleyes: (thanks for the advice Will ;) )

Missus is due home shortly, she never rarely goes in the garage, I'll just tell her "oh thsoe old things, been there ages they have dear" :ph34r:

I got a 4m tree strop, bacon roll, tea and sticker saying 'Dip me in chocolate and throw me to the lesbians'. Thought about getting a spare front bumper, decided against wedging it in the Mini.

Was amazed at the numbers of folk in camouflage clobber :lol: WTFIATA?, sheer variety of Landies in the car park, and how one mans scrap is another mans treasure.

Well as per usual I managed to spend waaay to much money! Got a winch for the front of the disco (8074) along with some shiny new dyneema for it. Also got some qt diff guards some roof bars and some paint!

As ever I am now knackered and skint. :)

Mark

pretty succesfull day, wen't with my old man and my missus, got a total of 8 205x16 tyres for the old mans disco, ranging from £20 (new) to £5 (still loads of life left) i bought 6 disco steel rims and an assortment of other stuff i could probably live without.... :D if anyone spotted two idiots trying to fit 8 tyres and 6 rims into the back of a brown Disco right by the gate while it realy poured down.... that was us..... :(:rolleyes:

Guest diesel_jim
Missus is due home shortly, she never rarely goes in the garage, I'll just tell her "oh thsoe old things, been there ages they have dear" :ph34r:

LOL! just the same as me today!!! i told her i "only spent £60"....... :rolleyes:

Nice to catch up with Fi again (thanks for the muffin!!). Didn't buy much in the end, but discovered first thing this morning before setting off that my shopping list had been increased by one as some cretin had ripped a door mirror off it's mount.

I was pleased to buy a 2nd hand door mirror for £2, but somewhat less pleased when I put it on in the car pak (inbetween the rain and hail) and found that the mount wouldn't grip the ball joint on the mirror! Adding a bit of tape helped and then the next turn of the allen key stripped the thread on the mirror head. Grrr look like a trip to the main stealers on Monday(conveniently located around the corner from my new office!)

Well I only bought ONE thing - although it was a complete hydraulic winch setup and filled the back of dad's Rangie :blink:

Saw loads of people - everyone on the X-Eng stand, quite a few Shires, quite a few forumers. Thanks to Fi for the muffins and cookie, and to Al for buying the burgers (for about 7 of us, without flinching). And the Si for the X-Eng stickers and keyring. Big thanks to Nige for spotting the winch (30 seconds after I'd spotted it though :P ) and to Jules for subbing me a wodge of cash as the guy was adamant it had to be 100% cash.

Dad bought an excellent genuine X-Eng fan switch for the rangie and a very luminous coat which I then pinched as the heavens opened :rolleyes:

The winch setup is pukka - no idea what the winch is as it was only really the PTO I was after :unsure: but I got winch, rope, bumper, motor, pipes, PTO, valve block, under-seat tank (still mounted in a 110 seatbox!) remote levers for the front wing, all the auxilliary pipework for running external devices, the auto-idle-up device and the bloke threw in a very new looking hydraulic powered generator for nowt :o all in £500 I think I did OK there.

All I need now is the truck finished so I can attatch it all :ph34r:

if anyone spotted two idiots trying to fit 8 tyres and 6 rims into the back of a brown Disco right by the gate while it realy poured down.... that was us.....

If there were a load stacked up in the boot, one next to them on its side and one ratchet-strapped to the spare which was already on the back door then yes, you were spotted. Good effort :)

Well i got wet!!!! :) (but it was fun)

Got a chainsaw off of Si.... Thanks!

a cookie from Fi..... Thanks and i still love your hair!!

a Russian first aid kit...... (dont ask)

a camel trophy ice bucket for my friend Karen

bits and bobs to service the Raider

but most importantly................

I KNOW WHY WILL WAS IN THE QUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If there were a load stacked up in the boot, one next to them on its side and one ratchet-strapped to the spare which was already on the back door then yes, you were spotted. Good effort :)

we ended up with two ratchet-strapped to the one already bolted to the rear door, :rolleyes: forgot how little you can get in a Disco when you travel 4 up... :angry: when compared to my usual ride... 110 hardtop, 1 up... :)

I had a grate day

sold 60% of what I took.

and got two complete front wings ,truck cab roof and rear 110 HC bulkhead for the tray back.

new 90 wiring loom

set of new wheel arch spats

new alloy for my disco as a extra spare

looked at the X stuff but there is more pressing stuff needed for the rebuild and still trying to juggle selling the Rally freelander ,big camper and having a new racer built, pug rally car being built and the rebuild of the 90 so finance is very tight and prioritising all over the place.

sold 60% of what I took.

I saw two skinny teenagers manhandling boyhandling a logo-covered burgandy freelander hardtop across the site... Guess that was yours.

Didn't manage to find you, Julian - I had a package for you. Not very exciting but we found some CDs tucked in one of R581's seat pockets and thought you would like them back.

May be next time!

Cheers

Chris

I saw two skinny teenagers manhandling boyhandling a logo-covered burgandy freelander hardtop across the site... Guess that was yours.

Didn't manage to find you, Julian - I had a package for you. Not very exciting but we found some CDs tucked in one of R581's seat pockets and thought you would like them back.

May be next time!

Cheers

Chris

Thanks

one of the guy's with me said there was a freelander camel there but I did not get time to leave the stand for most of the day.

sorry I missed you