Britpart, Bearmach or Allmakes

jcwcooper

I need to replace the Radiator on my 200Tdi, As it seems to be getting warm when under continuous load. Im not going to fork out £400 for a Genuine one, Im currently leaning towards the allmakes one its a few more £££'s than the britpart one, but if people have had good/bad experiences with any of them please let me know.

Cheers

Dave.

Re-coring is a good option if yours is a copper jobbie.

The Britpart rad that I bought was proper poo. It was too tall for the frame that it sits in. When I called up the company to complain saying I bought it because the picture they showed on their website was of a copper one, they promptly sent me a Bearmach one for the same price. It fits, its lovely and there is none of that horrible plastic side tank thing going on with it either.

No recent experience of Allmakes ones, but when I worked for my local parts supplier back in 2006, Allmakes was the best "budget" supplier. Rumours seem to be spreading about their quality now though, so I think I'd go for a Bearmach one to be on the safe side.

Thats a good idea, Anyone know anywhere near to Salisbury?

There is a good place down here on the Woolsbridge industrial estate, however, they want £80 to recore a TDi rad and I got one from Paddocks to my door for £99. No idea of make but no problems with it and it's been in the Disco for a couple of years now.

Bearmach 300Tdi rad cores are certainly good, I had one for my 110 following a minor altercation with a winch hook a year or so back. Even came with brass bungs in not these stupid plastic things. Bear in mind you don't need to replace the whole thing including intercooler - well not on a 300 anyway - you can just buy the rad block and fit it into the old frame and re-use the original intercooler. Cost for the 300 version was somewhere around £140 IIRC for which I wouldn't bother with re-coring.

I need to replace the Radiator on my 200Tdi, As it seems to be getting warm when under continuous load. Im not going to fork out £400 for a Genuine one, Im currently leaning towards the allmakes one its a few more £££'s than the britpart one, but if people have had good/bad experiences with any of them please let me know.

Cheers

Dave.

Had several ones from allmakes for different LRs over the years never had any problens

Regards

Keith

My only experience with Britpart has been bad. I've fitted Allmakes A-frame balljoints, etc, with no problems and no complaints. I tend to use Bearmach or genuine pretty exclusivley, and have had only one problem with Bearmach products in around 5-years (TD5 Steering box), which was sorted to everyone's satisfation. I tend to use Bearmach almost 100% of the time - both for genuine and their own brand products. They may be a bit more expensive than Btripart (and maybe Allmakes), but I have almost no complaints against them. You get what you pay for most of the time - having to do it again because of poor quality parts is never worth it in my opinion.

Les.