Fitting bead locks to Mach 5's

chappers

Right I'm after some guidence and hopefully pictures to help me fit bead locks to my Mach 5'S what bead locks shall I get I was thinking Gary Andrews ones has any one got a giude to fitting them or is there other beadlocks you would fit pictures would be great cheers Sam

i so want a set of beadlockers fitting to my mach 5's they have the rolled edge though is it still possibleunsure.gif

I rang Gary andrews and he said it is possible just weld them on but I was wondering is there any guide or instuctipns on here that shows how to do them I have searched but can't find any thing hmmm

Ring up Devon and ask for the front ring and back ring from a beadlock mach 5. About £50 a wheel I think. Lop off the existing front of the rim and weld on the plate. This gives you the correct rolled edge and they will look like factory beadlock mach 5's.

However much less hassle to sell what you have and buy beadlocked mach5's

Adrian

I can supply Mach 5 weld on beadlocks, you don't need to cut off the old rim bead and the finished article looks just like a factory Mach 5 beadlock.

And they are cheaper than £50 a wheel.

Adrian

Hi can you send pics and details to s7myc@hotmail.co.uk cheers Sam

I can supply Mach 5 weld on beadlocks, you don't need to cut off the old rim bead and the finished article looks just like a factory Mach 5 beadlock.

And they are cheaper than £50 a wheel.

Adrian

Are these the pressings like original mach 5's or are they the flat plate style affairs?

Daan

Right I'm after some guidence and hopefully pictures to help me fit bead locks to my Mach 5'S what bead locks shall I get I was thinking Gary Andrews ones has any one got a giude to fitting them or is there other beadlocks you would fit pictures would be great cheers Sam

Are you wanting single or double bead locks,

Double bead work with a internal ring that sits inside tyre and when rims are bolted up it holds the tyre both sides whereas single only hold outer edge,

So when compairing price bear this in mind as double are for obvious reason are more expensive but are much better when runing very low presure,

A single still has a chance of poping of rim at inner side when running low presure,

Carl.

So if I was to put an inner and outer ring on from original mach 5s how much would I cut off to get them to fit on my 16 inch set any one done it or got any pics as I'm still not 100% as to what I should do cheers Sam

Split rims are easy, I split rims for saley on my lathe but its not your average size machine so you may need to look for another way like using a sliting disk in a small grinder, These pictures show the basic set up but dont show the inner ring that makes the rims work,

My advise is unless you can get the materials or your laser cutting done very cheep then it will work out cheeper to buy them of someone who sells them,

These are Double bead lock rims so they have a inner ring to hold tyre edge onto both rims,

post-5185-125631480457_thumb.jpg

The rim is split 2mm above the spokes

post-5185-125631483784_thumb.jpg

post-5185-125631482528_thumb.jpg

The 2 rings needed

post-5185-125631485166_thumb.jpg

post-5185-125631486513_thumb.jpg

And whith the rings in place

post-5185-125631487938_thumb.jpg

post-5185-125631489824_thumb.jpg

These are basicly what Gsr341 has on his truck,

Carl.

I split rims on my milling machine now as most are buckled when you put them in a lathe and do not split right, carl's 2mm isn't correct and you also need to leave a gap in between the 2 ring when the wheel is clamped back together tight so as not to crush the seal, if you would like me to make you some wheels give me a call or pm me, i've been very busy with a few job recently but should be able to turn them round within 2 weeks.

• 1 year later...

If was going to get some done, I'd get Saley's double ones :)

That was my plan. I likes the look of them :). Have pm'd Saley but not had a response yet. I just wondered if things had changed since this post was last active with regards to options and suppliers / fabricators.