KING OF THE TRAY BACKS TROPHY '2010'

Mr Nick

KING OF THE TRAY BACKS TROPHY

(But you dont have to have one to win)

Hi all, Team Xtremelandy are Planning for a 2010 middle of the year Top Team UK Challenge. As the title says King of the Tray Backs but you dont need to have one to win. Meaning ! There will be Two Classes. Tray Back Class and Original Body type, i.e. Looks like an original Truck with rear body still intact. You will be able to have tube front wing set ups on the original body class. If you beat any of the tray back competitor points you take there trophy too as well as your own class trophy.

I'd like to hear some feed back for intrest so we can make the decision to go ahead on Organizing the Event.

Many Thanks

Nick

Where, when & Regs first ---

We are looking at a few New sites but more than likely North Wales Area.

We are looking around about the May bank holiday Time.

Supplementary Regulations i'm working on and will have something together very shortly. (couple Of Weeks)

Boothy.

Oh OK then :rolleyes::lol::lol::lol:

Jeff Dude, you would be in the original body class.

OK just to keep things a little simple to start off with! The Class subject is very simple!

If your vehicle has original body work/styling and still looks like what its called, wether it's short, long or wide you will be in the Original Body Class.

If you have Tubes, and more Tubes and it doesn't look like what it was apart from the Doors and bonnet you will be in the tray back class. I think we all know whats what here.

We would also like some feedback on whether Two vehicle teams or single team event ?

A 2-day team (2 vehicle event) please, nice big site like Walters arena, not enough team events in my opinion much more fun.

We put on 2 day 2 vehicle but no bugger wants to come.

So i'd say make it hard and 2 day single vehicle

Question Full cages needed or would a hoop do?

A 2-day team (2 vehicle event) please, nice big site like Walters arena, not enough team events in my opinion much more fun.

Got to agree, we need more 2 day, 2 team events, plus a night run in there as well! :)

Tyre size limit, T&T needed or not? i could sort out 2 well axle'd car's for Walter arena site one's a tray back and one's full body !!! ;):P

ps......one's a bit big! :P

Thank you for your response, keep them coming.

There wont be any mixed teams if we do make it a two vehicle event, Defeats the object of the comp.

Tray Back is one class and Original body is another.

Mr Will_Warne, standard type silhoette???? Mate it's not a nas car event. So no go there.

We're feeling a two Vehicle Team comp happening then as to response too from elsewhere.

MrHT - About the Roll Cage situation! All provisional regulations are based on the 2009 msa regs. This of course maybe subject to change for next year. At the moment a hoop would do but cage is recommended.

Hi Mr T, I'm going say T&T for class 2 original body only. AS this is a totally different class to the TRAY BACK Class.

Dont Worry i will be getting the Supplementary Regulations on here soon.

But again with the MSA there might be a forced change on a few things so take regs on a light note to start off with.

Cheers

Nick

Hi Mr T, I'm going say T&T for class 2 original body only. AS this is a totally different class to the TRAY BACK Class.

is that tax and testable as mine is but i'm not taxing it or testing as I can't afford to do that as well as compete.

Sounds like a good idea. But I think you are overrating the advantage of a tray back. Yes it's fashionable, but good driving skills and team work (driver/nav) are far more important. If my motor is finished by then I would consider entering if it is in north wales, but don't think that the class system is that well thought out. Suggest a tyre size/locker/number winches style class system.

Adrian