Playday Slab common SLRC

jules

would it be alright to come down and watch? I'm not a member of SLRC...

Yes no worries

loads of people (me for one) are on there own so you can normaly jump in with someone and still have some fun smile.gif

at hogmore a new member turned up and jumped in my 110 for the day and ended up stayed untill the end and even helped collect up all the bunting and commented on how good his day was as we were cleaning our hands after he rewired and I unseized Shrek kenlow fan so he could get it home.

You could join online its only £15

• 3 weeks later...

Dang, no chance of sneaking into your car bootasking nicely to share transport there :P

:lol::lol::lol: As much as I'd love to be there I really need the workshop time to ensure I get the build finished before the end of civilisation. Rest assured, once it's done I'll be out as much as possible (re)learning how to drive.

A pertinent question, I missed the entrance to Hogmoor when I went last...as everyone waiting inside was made aware of by the sound of my tyres arguing with the road...

Entrance is on Oakhanger Road. See here for the calender entry and map (the left hand marker is Slab). Turn off the main road into Budds Lane, and go to the t-junction and turn left onto Oakhanger Road. Go past the turning for Hogmoor Road (on the left), the entrance is on the left just after the road kinks left - it is actually a lot easier to spot than the Hogmoor entrance.

Whats the best way to get there from Alton? I'll be coming down the A339 from Basingstoke

Head for the B3004. Left at the roundabout after the rail bridge. Drive through town, past Sainsburys on your right, then right at the next roundabout. Past the brewery and pond on your left, then right at the crossroads. Follow this road for about 4 miles, down Worldham Hill (you'll know it when you see it!) along a straight bit of road, then turn right to Oakhanger. Drive through the village, out the other side and then turn left, signposted to Bordon. The site is on your right after a mile or so.

Complicated directions. I'm local when I'm not in the states! Hopefully you'll make it and take some photos...

Its very very wet I was in there Sat having a look round after I collected the key's

I managed to get the 110 completely bogged but ho hum nothing new there laugh.gif it should be a great day Sunday ..

If anyone is struggling to find it give me aring and I will try to help

07976 819947 (tex me if you can't get a ans as the reception is poor there)

Julian

(Shire Chairman)