sorry, don't want to sound greedy ......

02GF74

...Runs and hides before Jen reads this

:P @ Fridge. You know you love Jap 'rubbish' - after all, you drive a Nissan! :o:lol:

Ooo, Skyline. Lovely! B) :D Meant to be a bit 'dull' to drive (I think that mean's it doesn't fall off the road all the time), but I'd certinaly give it a go. Anything that has a g-force monitor has got to be cool! :D

...I'd hold out though - there's a new model on the horizon IIRC... which might make it fall to £74990 :rolleyes:;) That's always been my favourite Skyline and will remain in my 'Top 10 cars to buy if I win the lottery' B)

Wish I could say something intelligent, but I'm too busy drooling now.

it possibly has got 1200,

about 8 years ago i had a dyno printout in my grubby mits for a Skyline GTR which had 1005bhp at the wheels! It was of course virtually impossible to drive having the biggest turbo lag possible!

almost certainly does make 1200BHP, but as pugwash said, the turbo lag would make it almost undriveable. you'd have to turn the boost right down to make it driveable...

probably only be making about 800BHP then..... and thats no good is it..... ;)

top gear did a test a little while ago where they ran a mitsubishi evo making over 400BHP against a regular jap estate car.... the estate car nailed it on an acceleration test between 30 and 70mph, as the evo's huge turbo lag made it undriveable... :(

mind you, when it did wake up... god did it shift...... :)

i've seen a Garnder Douglas 427 Cobra with about 480bhp from 6.3 litres of an LS7 absolutely eat a skyline with an alledged 780bhp for breakfast on a race track.

And then saw the santa pod re-match when their 1/4 mile times were pretty neck and neck.

Huge horsepower means bugger all if you can't use any of it!

i take all of Top gears tests with a pinch of salt... you can engineer the outcome to make it what ever you want if you try hard enough....

i'm sure Clarkson is on backhander from Ferrari and BMW....

I'm inclined to agree, especially the engineering the outcome part of it (I'm pretty sure that 5th gear's matching a series1 disco with a three year old espace was a bit wide of the mark).

Of course it's not just the cars ability that you have to think of - you can make anything useable on the road with the correct modifications, I've been in 450bhp Subaru's that drive with a smoother power delivery than those about the 370 mark. I'd still like to give the 1200bhp a try though ;):D

Driver ability has got to be the key and the most important thing 'in the real world', my little 230bhp Scoob has no worries keeping up on runs with those nearer the 400 mark - but then I think I probably have to concentrate more! Equally I've seen the sport versions (no turbo) with instructors in eat much 'faster' cars for breakfast on track days.

Pick the car for what you want from it has always got to be the key B)

Lol... Like Jen said, Driver Ability that counts!!! :D

Boy, am I in the brown smelly stuff when I get home tonight!! :huh:

Dan, you obviously need more practice ;):D

I'm pretty sure the GTR will be pushing those sort of figures but, out of only 2.8l, lag'll be horrible. I think the phrase "There ain't no replacement for displacement" sums it up perfectly; you just can't beat cc for really usable power and torque.

I'm inclined to agree, especially the engineering the outcome part of it (I'm pretty sure that 5th gear's matching a series1 disco with a three year old espace was a bit wide of the mark).

Look at Clarkson drive a off road-er he hasn't got a clue.

A mate delivers all the Evo's for the filming of top gear and the videos he does and said that when driving the Evo 400 he totaled the stigs times on there track and did say the 400 is a evil car and a fantastic track or rally car but not a every day car its too much power

Lol... Like Jen said, Driver Ability that counts!!!

Righhhhhhhhhhhht....so when I go around Tesco's tonight I'm just shopping for one eh? ;):D

Just for the record - FF's nissan cost £300 from a scrappy and 2 days earlier I'd just brought my dream car (mint condition). Who's going to push faster around the r'bout? :ph34r:;):lol: I have 101 excuses and I'm sticking to 'em ;):lol: