Nurse! He's out of bed again!

Although we're not going to Ladoga this year, it seems a small side project is in the offing aimed at the TR2 class in MegaHard Ukraine, which is on the 28th of May. So that's a month then. :blink:

So far there's this:

DSCF3957.JPG

And a lot more bits of crusty old Land Rover than we've had in the lab for quite some time.

Full build thread on the team forum

Last night's progress:

DSCF3978.JPG

Edelbrock carb & inlet manifold ditched in favour of the MS'n'EDIS setup from the Range Rover:

DSCF3980.JPG

This weekend sees a lot of cleaning, painting, and big lumps being attached. Also sees yours truly with an awful lot of wiring to do and an ECU to modify.

• 2 weeks later...

looks good :) i like the yellow, what does the T2 stand for?

It's TR2, which is Trophy Raid Class 2. Mouse was TR4 (Prototype class) which is the most stupid, then TR3 (~37" tyres, portals etc. allowed), TR2 (big-ish tyres, no axle swaps allowed, standard silhouette, multiple winches allowed), then TR1 (almost standard, tyres 1" bigger, winch allowed). Basically this will be competing in a class for standard-ish vehicles, quite similar to a basic UK challenge truck sort of spec really.

• 2 weeks later...

A bit more progress, things are moving along nicely now, the sleep & coffee pain barrier has been crossed and life is groovy:

DSCF4512.jpg

Thanks to TJ for turning out to lend a hand and a lot of off-colour humour.

I completely failed to let the smoke out of the electrics, so as of 5am today we can see where we're going:

Image160.jpg

Vince-built winch bumper is looking good too.

We couldn't be bothered to refit the manky plastic dashboard so Kimi got the crayons out (of his nose) and bent some ali:

DSCF4442.jpg

For a second there I though that the steering was done by selecting the switch that most closely resembles the direction that you'd like to head in... :blink: Then I realised that the combination of funny camera angle, custom dash, and cider had made a fool of me. Or more of a fool of me.

Really tidy and good looking truck, especially as it's all happened in the time it's taken me to undercoat my chassis...

Throttle pedal is there, it just got painted the same colour as everything else :P previous owner chopping the end off it doesn't help either.

Anyway, it's now "finished" and they're away, hopefully all will go well.

IMG00017-20100525-1852.jpg

IMG00018-20100525-1853.jpg