My First Landie

Always wanted one, and eventually picked up this beauty ( well its beautiful to me )

Doors could do with a bit of work and needs a new back door that locks instead of padlocks but seems solid enough

So what next, do I Waxoyl the bu**er to death or buy every accessory I can buy/fit/bolt on

im kind new to the wonderful world of land rovers too, but the reason youve always wanted one is bcos your intincts are dead on.

they are as serious as you imagined.

they need no extras, fridge freezer (thats a member of this forum) once explained to me that camel trophy vehicles are bog standard defenders!!

they do it all its wonderful :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r91CtE6xHQ8

Again, welcome to the world of owning a Land Rover!!! but there is a rule on here that you have to show your work in photographs!!! good and bad!!

fridge freezer (thats a member of this forum) once explained to me that camel trophy vehicles are bog standard defenders!!

What a nice chap :P

I'll retract that though and state that Camel trophy ones are in fact heavier and slower because of all the cr*p they have bolted to them :lol:

which really only confirms the 1st statement that these vehicles are the don. :D

ive just fixed my steering and the difference is clear although i drove 3000 miles as was..these machines blah blah blah :lol:

and yep thats a bootyful little ride you have found.

Always wanted one, and eventually picked up this beauty ( well its beautiful to me )

Doors could do with a bit of work and needs a new back door that locks instead of padlocks but seems solid enough

So what next, do I Waxoyl the bu**er to death or buy every accessory I can buy/fit/bolt on

It'd be rude not to buy a few cheeky accessories :P

You'll soon realise what a money pit these things are!...but fun by the same token :D

I did think the bumper was a bit shocking but, Im sure he will change that firstrolleyes.gif does the fetish for chequer plate finish there or is the cross member the same?

Although with me current project, I am in danger of getting my own chequer plate fettish......

Jason.

I did think the bumper was a bit shocking but, Im sure he will change that firstrolleyes.gif does the fetish for chequer plate finish there or is the cross member the same?

Although with me current project, I am in danger of getting my own chequer plate fettish......

Jason.

Jason you really aren't in a position to accuse others of a chequer plate fetish :lol: You shall forever be known as Mr Chequer Plate :ph34r:

Jason you really aren't in a position to accuse others of a chequer plate fetish laugh.gif You shall forever be known as Mr Chequer Plate ph34r.gif

Ross, I didn't acuse him, and did fess up myself!!!! and I will remind you that it was you who said I should keep it bright and not paint it!!!! so if I am going down I am taking you with me..... anyway by the time I have finished painting it you will not be able to see the chequer plate..... it will look smooth...

Jason.

Looks great apart from the bumper :P

Yeah, hate it, and one of the first things thats going to be replaced by a nice clean black one

Then there are the doors to repair and replace the back on because the lock is broken

Then I want to get a roof rack, and then some spots, and then and then and then and then..... oh bugger there goes the credit card