A warning to all Defender owners

I've been getting the 110 back into shape over the last few weeks.

A few days ago I noticed a small puddle of EP90 on the tyre.

Further investigation revealed that the hub cap had been chewed off.

By chewed off, I mean chewed, ripped, gnawed and mangled off. There were teeth marks in the plastic.

I had words with the dog.

To confirm my suspicions, I caught him a few days later, back at the same cap, chewing and sucking at it like a large dog nipple (am I allowed to say nipple?). I think he likes EP90. Either that or plasic.

Yesterday, while finishing up the swivel oil seal, the dog came over to inspect the shiny new hub cap.

Not content with re-chewing it, the picked up the container containing the oil seal bolts and ran off with it, leaving a trail of bolts in the gravel behind him.

I found 5 of the 7 bolts.

You have been warned people, defenders might be the bext 4 x4 x far, but they are not insane-dog proof.

Woof.

Dogs are funny things. I have two springers (sisters) and one only chews wood (and bone) and the other loves plastic - particularly flower pots, oh yes and gardening gloves. Many is the time I've put down gloves for a brew only to find one missing and deposited in the undergrowth covered in saliva..mmmmmmmm nice!

I have a mate who had a 110 and a 'dog or 5'.

They basically ATE the inside of his 110 systematicly, ......trim, ....seats ....plastic etc.

Mind you the best was when the spaniel ate a chunk of bin liner....

...I am not kidding a small "Part" appeared at the er "Rear" of the hound.

He got a firm grip on doggie, and pulled the bag out gently

The noises from the dog were shall we say "Interesting" :lol:

I actaully felt my guts turn several times, between laughing our ar*ses off.

Funnily enough from then on it ate everything around it, ....cept bin liners :lol:

Nige

It sometimes amazes me what dogs will eat. My parents have got a labrador that loves eardrops so it wouldn't surprise me if this one likes EP 90...

One deterant that I've found works is to shoot them with a water pistol. I don't know why but dogs hate it!

• 2 months later...

Excuse me for resurecting a old thread....

My mothers old dog used to have a thing about eating string.

It managed to consume a 20m ball once. The vet advised letting nature take its course.

The downside being that my mother had to follow the dog round the garden for several days with a pair of scissors, making the appropriate cut when each ..errm 'installment' was finished. ;)

My mothers old dog used to have a thing about eating string.

It managed to consume a 20m ball once. The vet advised letting nature take its course.

The downside being that my mother had to follow the dog round the garden for several days with a pair of scissors, making the appropriate cut when each ..errm 'installment' was finished. ;)

Why didn't she just wait until a couple of feet had emerged and then tie the end to a tree? Much quicker :lol:

After a heavy rain storm the other night we have been swarmed with frogs,I have recently discovered a disturbing fact about my staffie.I left my patio doors open tonite and heard what i can only describe as screaming coming from the back garden.When i investigated i found the scream was coming from a cornered frog that was being licked by my staffie! :blink: now she has a taste for em!

2 questions-

is frog licking likely to make pooch poorly?

Is it true that licking frogs causes halucinations(homer simpson style)? <_<

Oh and by the way my mutt has a taste for plastic too.Particularly likes bic biros :D

Paul

Guest diesel_jim
rough skinned in a dark colour, have non webbed feet and have a more rounded appearance.

Sounds like half the population of Swindon doesn't it Les?