Retail Prices?

Anderzander

I may be missing something, but if this product: http://www.devon4x4.com/products_a/p11477c234/0/pre-cleaner-10-for-3-neck.html

is the same as this one: http://www.inlinefilters.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=924_925_932&products_id=12805&zenid=krop06qfsflgihjenblupirjq2

then can anyone explain the vast disparity in price? I'm baffled!

I may be missing something, but if this product: http://www.devon4x4.com/products_a/p11477c234/0/pre-cleaner-10-for-3-neck.html

is the same as this one: http://www.inlinefilters.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=924_925_932&products_id=12805&zenid=krop06qfsflgihjenblupirjq2

then can anyone explain the vast disparity in price? I'm baffled!

If you look at the measurements of the pre-filters you will notice that this one is the same size, not the one you listed

Yes there is a price difference between the two but one is an agricultrial plastic version and the other is a metal bodied, powdercoated version made by ARB in Australia after plenty of R & D in the Outback.

The price difference is only £16.11 so its not acutally that bad considering its come from the other side of the world

:)

You only have their customers to blame. If they didn't buy the goods then they wouldn't put such high prices on them. So we as enthusiasts are at fault here not D44

what absolute rubbish,devon charge what they think they can get away with,plus they have to pay for all there adverts in the comics,as i see it they are going down the same road as srap iron did,just without the orange paint.

If you look at the measurements of the pre-filters you will notice that this one is the same size, not the one you listed

Yes there is a price difference between the two but one is an agricultrial plastic version and the other is a metal bodied, powdercoated version made by ARB in Australia after plenty of R & D in the Outback.

The price difference is only £16.11 so its not acutally that bad considering its come from the other side of the world

:)

an equivalent sized donalson pre filter is £38,comparable quality.

... and the other is a metal bodied, powdercoated version made by ARB in Australia after plenty of R & D in the Outback.

and following your link gives this:

gallery_92_187_40121.jpg

so which one is it? Australia or South Africa???

what absolute rubbish,devon charge what they think they can get away with,plus they have to pay for all there adverts in the comics,as i see it they are going down the same road as srap iron did,just without the orange paint.

Same as LR then. Their products are unreliable, leak, expensive but we still buy them. So to slate D44 for their prices is also rubbish. It's a fact of economy, people who sell will charge the highest price they can get away with, buyers want to pay peanuts.

I'm not connected to D44 in any way, I wouldn't even say I was a happy customer.

At the end of the day it's YOUR money, so if you're happy that both parts from which ever supplier are

the same :) Who are you going to give YOUR money to? :rolleyes:

That's the beauty of modern technology you can use the Internet to shop in the comfort of your home

and find the best prices ;)....But as some one stated like with all things if some are prepared to pay daft

prices, dealers and the likes will keep them at that price :blink:

You have a choice, so which is it gunna be Mmmmmm I wander?

As for me, when I see such vast differences in prices for exactly the same item I just laugh knowing

how much I've saved :D

Mutley

Well they do charge what they think they can get away with, and obviously some people out there are willing and able to buy their products and most of these people are going to be land rover enthusiasts. It is a simple fact that someone is buying their products at these ridiculous prices, and those particular people are the customer base that keeps the company afloat. I personally do not have the means to purchase their kit, nor do I think the pricing entirely reflects the value, however I do feel that as long as people continue to purchase their stuff at that price then they that is the price it will stay at, but hey different people are entitled to spend their money on whatever they see fit, fortunately for me d44 do not have a monopoly position, and the beauty of the net means that those who feel that it is extortionate or a little out of price range can search around for a better alternative!

just my 2p worth!

Sam