Britpart guarantee

lawrence

That says to me they have acknowledged peoples concerns/gripes/problems with Britpart products. Unfortunately they could have looked at improving teh quality of their parts.

It's an advertising ploy, as they know most folk don't bother to send stuff back anyway. As above, I couldn't be bothered changing things every 2 months for 2 years :(

I bet less than 0.5% of folk send stuff back when it does fail. They just grumble and buy a different make. In which case they may as well give a lifetime guarantee on all of their parts :ph34r:

Still, brave to offer a 2 year guarantee on stuff they know will break after two days/weeks/months... :blink:

Ive just noticed this statement........

"If any part is found to be defective following an inspection by our quality team due to faulty materials or workmanship then that part will be replaced free of charge."

"quality team" ..........."faulty materials"............"workmanship"

You aint geeting your replacement part are you!

:rolleyes:

If its the same "quality" team that specifiy the tolerances on there products then... Gotta say I tried to keep open minded about Britpart but after all the faff I have had trying to get parts that I have had from them to fit, its a no Brainer, I go out my way to avoid them now.

"If any part is found to be defective following an inspection by our quality team due to faulty materials or workmanship then that part will be replaced free of charge."

This means that the part is sent away to be checked/tested, so you either do without your truck until the testing is complete, or you buy another part and then possibly get a refund on the busted one. In other words - you have to buy another from the same supplier.

Bearmach do this exact same thing and I think it's an out and out con in my opinion. They get your money either way.

Les.

Just got back from a trip to my very friendly parts supplier.

He's now off to A&E as he hit his head falling about with laughter when I mentioned the 'new' guarentee.

He won't stock aforementioned brand, purely on the fact he has had toomuch trouble in the past sorting out the poor quality/bad fitting. He would rather sellme a part he knows is going to work first time, and maybe make a little less profit per transaction, but he knows his customers willcomeback with repeat business which re relies on.

The old addage, it's worth spending a little more first time round, knowing the part is a quality part, than saving a few pennies now, only to have to pay out over and aover again.

I personally have nothing against BP but, have learnt from older and wiser friends in the landy community from their mistakes.

This means that the part is sent away to be checked/tested, so you either do without your truck until the testing is complete, or you buy another part and then possibly get a refund on the busted one. In other words - you have to buy another from the same supplier.

Bearmach do this exact same thing and I think it's an out and out con in my opinion. They get your money either way.

Les.

Doesnt sound like a refund is an option - the guarantee seems to suggest you will get a replacement part. Why anyone would want another bit that will fail in exchange for the bit that has failed, i dont know! So the guarantee is really leaves you with the same diffculty in getting a refund that we currently have.

I only ever use Britpart filters and change them very regularly, they're cheap and very expendable. I wouldn't go anywhere near their spares, tolerances are woeful. 2yr guarantee or not, you get what you pay for.

Be careful. Mate of mine was telling me about the Td5 centrifugal oil filters that don't spin and a Kangarooing Puma he had in his workshop that was traced to a fuel filter that was sooooo good at filtering it didn't actually let diesel pass through it! He's given up on filters that come in a blue box....