WARNING - Thieves at it in Essex Area, plus anyone seen my Defender?

Impulse 4x4

Hi there,

Just thought I'd leave a quick post......

Unfortunately very early this morning (2:20am 23rd Jan 2011) my D90 was stolen from off my drive way. No key were taken, it was a proper break in an hotwire job. After speaking to the police in the early hours it appears that a few others have gone missing at the same time...... Mine was taken from Downham, nr. Billericay in Essex and the the other from the Blackmoore area in Essex, the police suspect that someone is out steeling to order, so if your local beware! I wouldn't want the scum to lay there hands on anyone elese's pride and joy!

Anyway, if anyone is offered the following parts or vehicle, it would be very much appreciated if some one would drop me a line, I'm offering upto £1k for info leading to the where abouts of these people....

Mine was a 1986 white Defender 90, 200tdi fitted, usual 2" lift, winch bumper, GRP bulged and vented bonnet, Black 15" Mach 5 rims with knobbly tyres, it also has a very distinctive twin exhaust setup. Another give away would be almost new bright yellow callipers all round with drilled/grooved and vented discs.

Any help, gratefully received,

James

post-7660-0-50177000-1295811957_thumb.jpg

Sorry to hear about your landy James, i came to your house last year to buy a Bonnet protector,

I will keep an eye out for it, would instantly recognise it, Now i need to go sort my truck some decent security..... worrying when its so close to home!! :(

Alex

Hi guys,

Thanks for your kind words.... No joy yet, to be honest doubt I'll be seeing it again.

Yes, had 'extra security' unfortunately no alarm though, but this was most defiantly a pro job. Problem is with our old Defenders if you know what your doing it can be started in a few minuets with a couple of bits of wire, and even things steering wheel locks (Disc locks etc) are actually quite easy to remove if you have the know how!

Anyway if anyone hears anything I'm uping my reward for the info that leads me to these 'people' (not even so concerned about the car now, just don't like people nicking from me), so anyone who maybe has heard anything may want to give me a call on 07814 219549. Also if anyone has any direct involvement, I would suggest that it may be wise if the truck re-appears in the next day or so.....

Thanks,

James

James,

Really sorry some T**T has nicked your motor, hope you get her back.

These wildlife cameras that you see on tv are very good for catching the thieving gits at it. Only cost around £200 and you can hide them in the hedge etc. Also have you tried the blank firing gate alarms, now they are good.

i live in billericay so i will keep my eye out for it, i heard about someones 110 in ingatestone they tryed to steal it but they couldnt get it started so the stole all the doors and bonnet and cut all the engine wireing about and it wouldnt run (was a td5).we have had our quad stolen 3 times aswell !!!!

James,

Really sorry some T**T has nicked your motor, hope you get her back.

These wildlife cameras that you see on tv are very good for catching the thieving gits at it. Only cost around £200 and you can hide them in the hedge etc. Also have you tried the blank firing gate alarms, now they are good.

Yup, keep an eye out.... There was one went from Blackmoore (Essex) too same time as mine. person I'm not that keen on.... We found that one in woods near me, but then they came back and nicked it again! Just checking to see if there was a tracker fitted I guess.

Nick,

Where did you hear that from?

I use to live in Daventry for 19 years. There were loads of Pol's just outside Dav but not many Russians.

My mate lives there who's a 3 series owner, plus he works along side the police, So he may know!!!

Will put the feelers out on that one.

Just been on the Rochford & Essex 4x4 site where there is a post regarding this matter. And it has been added today that another 2 have gone walkabouts!!!

Quoted from R&E site:

another 2 have gone , 1 from hanningfield & 1 from latchingdon both older style 90's with tdi

both with goodies bolted on.......

keep your 90's safe........do as you likees are lurking

stripy

Never known it like this!!

Just been on the Rochford & Essex 4x4 site where there is a post regarding this matter. And it has been added today that another 2 have gone walkabouts!!!

Quoted from R&E site:

another 2 have gone , 1 from hanningfield & 1 from latchingdon both older style 90's with tdi

both with goodies bolted on.......

keep your 90's safe........do as you likees are lurking

stripy

Never known it like this!!

KKMobile - As in Kevin? Tyres?

Yeah, I know this is getting really bad, makes you think whether it's even worth replacing if I'm going to be targeted all the time :(

I hope the thieves suffer a miserable life.

And a horrific death :angry: Chop one of their hands off so that everyone else can see what thieving scumbag they are. 'Oh we can't do that it's not civilized I can hear the 'do gooders' say, but this pond-life is sub-human so what's the problem? Sorry, rant over - hope you get it back in one piece. I don't own a Defender but, assuming that you park it on your own drive, has anyone considered chaining the chassis to hefty ring concreted into the ground <_<

And a horrific death :angry: Chop one of their hands off so that everyone else can see what thieving scumbag they are.

Something like that will never be legal but I think there's a case for bringing back the stocks and humiliating them with a few boxes of rotten fruit before they go to court.

They're never made to face up to their crimes in front of the general public, if something like the stocks were legal i'm sure some kids that were on the verge of criminal behaviour might think twice.