Have A Look At This...

need4speed

Hmm, i think landrover enthusiasts aren't really the people they're targeting with such 'unique' vehicles, i think the type of owner they're looking for will make quotes like:

"I fink dat is bad, wud look better on 24's, but they iz plenty of room for ma ho's, an i cud use it when am dealin mi drugs innit?"

Not wanting to stereotype of course...

:rolleyes:

Truly Revolting

Should apeal to the Posh Spice wannabees that don't have enough dosh for the new

posh spice endorsed 'LR RR cloney Suppository sh*t Heap' due out soon :)

Other than the above its a beaut innit m8 wikin yeah babe sortid

You've got to have a load of dosh to buy that and have something that is so awfull

and think peeps will think its 'nice' and your not cheap and crass ..in any way :lol:

Nige :(

I don't get the hatred for this??? Why is this different from an Ibex, a rebuilt 90 with lowered suspension, big V8 and spangly alloys. Is it because it dares to be different??

Why should someone who can afford to do this be swayed by what you/we/I think. If I owned that and drove it down Guildford (other towns are available) High Street and you lot were sat on the corner all pointing and laughing I would assume that you were jealous because you didn't have the vision or the money to do it.

I don't understand people who build bling trucks anyway. Or feel the need to paint it stupid flip colours, put massive engines in that they'll never use the full potential of or those that build exped vehicles and go to Tesco's/Sainsburys/Asda in it so people can look at them and think they are some mega explorer when the furthest they have been is some LR experience day.

Rant finished

Seeing that reminded me of a documentary i watched with Chris Eubank (a chap not known for his subtle tastes) he was driving a huge Peterbilt truck he'd bought through a small town centre, and as he got out (complete with tweed jacket and jodphurs) everyone was shouting at him and beeping their horns as he blocked off the road, one guy drove past very closely and shouted "Eubank, you w**ker"

to which his reply was "you thee, that man rethpects me!"

Er no mate, he doesn't! what he shouted was bang on, acquiring wealth does not mean you also acquire taste or common sense, and it certainly doesn't mean people like you!

I wouldn't use the word hatred either, i just think most Landy enthusiasts have a very down-to-earth, simple way of looking at things, and expensive added bling (like the above Disco) is a bit pointless! though you could also argue thats exactly what a lot of the big tyres and winches are!

But as they say; to each his own, we're only sharing opinions!

dry.gif I do understand that landy owners would rather look rough and (untidy) muddy, darky and unsmooth but I drive certain places and people just look at my defender and think,"What a dirty chap".:huh:

I many -a- times don't get offended but in those instances I just wished I had a Rangie like the above. Just for the peace of it! I personally do not care what people think of me driving in a "refurbished,winched,safari snokkel, rock sliders,caged, blingy new nobs on gearstick, roof racks-" but at times one feels unplaced. Once an old lady watched me and commented (woefully though), " Why do you drive in the city?" :o With jaws in awe, I tried hard to dampen my stupidity but I still told my self..... One man's Quinine is another man's toffee!!!

Word to the wise is enough (or betterstill in the north.