King of the Valleys 2012

najw

thats excellent news mark for all the landy owners who's tyres foul there bodywork.

it just means that i and others have wasted lots of time and money preparing our trucks

to comply with regs that mean nothing. i for one have spent hours and hours repairing a

fault to be able to compete, just to see others competing with the same fault.

so many drivers are put off the awdc because of the huge list of challenge regs and now

your saying just put mudguards on and you will be fine, please just create a sensible set

of regs that work and stick to them, then everyone will know where they stand :D

trouble is i dont make the regs the msa do but any sensable scrutineer that nows off road vehicles inside and out nows to turn a land rover in a sensable circle the wheels hit that if any one is worried i have put are phone number there please phone us so we can help with problems like this

Well I'm looking forward to it!

I too have been watching this thread and some people need to stop arguing for the sake of it.

Although I am taking part in a totally different class and if what I will be doing fails scrutineering..... :(

Well I'm looking forward to it!

I too have been watching this thread and some people need to stop arguing for the sake of it.

Although I am taking part in a totally different class and if what I will be doing fails scrutineering..... :(

hi mate its mark the scrut i have put mine and my dad vic phone number please phone us i no the msa rules are hard to digest thats why we are here to help all of you we dont mind spending hours on the phone as long as it gets you out in the mud and you have fun please phone us to get the answers and advise you need to have a good advent

Hi Mark

Thanks for that. I would love to come and compete in KOV but am already committed to other disciplines. I would love to put a winch on the front of my trialer but winching is not my bag and even if I did decide to fit one, It would require a fair amount of surgery and money and have already committed the latter to safari as well as trialling next year. The only truck I will be rocking up in will be a 7.5 tonner with stuff on board that you will definitely not be able to scrutineer.

Tell Vic I am sorry I argued so much with him on the forum a few years ago about helmets :hysterical: and see you in July.....or maybe at Walters in March.

Nick Brown

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any news on spectator access? I heard Walters can be funny about people watching

Spectators will be more than welcome. There will be a designated parking/camping area and a clearly marked, easily walkable route which will take you right through the middle of the site and past some of the most exciting parts of the course.

I think Walters only have a problem when visitors decide they are going to drive themselves around :rtfm:

All this "bickering over regs" is sounding all very "howlin woolf , ex " :angry2: :angry2:

There is a complaints procedure that ALL MSA events have, So if on the day ANNYONE "scrut or entrant" .as any "issues" with "there or someone elses entry" this is the place to sort it out!!I.

It should all be written in the regs!!!!! If not then please look on the MSA WEBSITE its in the BLUEBOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please remember that as a competitor "It is your responcibility to prove elegability for an event" so having a knowledge "or a copy" of the regs to refer to" may help.

Now back to important questions "is there a tap on site???"

hi chaps i no some of you are moaning about the rules and want to knock the awdc scruts down a peg or two , we dont makes the rules thats the msa's doings not us , they do read all the web sites and have been in contact , they have asked us now if we would like a team in to messure and weigh all your cars which does take a long time which means it will not be completed before the start hence some cars wont go out , i dont want this as i want you all out there to have a good time so please read the rules and dont put stuff on web sites about us or it may be your car they get you to strp down in front of them if they turn up on the day , as you all no you have a msa licence and they can take that away from you for misconduct which includes things on web sites so please can i have just one event that i dont have any problems with and every one enjoys them self , looking forward to a new and good event for the 2012 season

Why on earth would the MSA BE INTERESTEN in "WEIGHING and MEASURING" the entry vehicles, :wacko: Ive had a quick look in the kov INFO, and can see no weight /size requirements, and i can't find or think of any issues in the blue book for challenge trucks :blush: :blush: :blush: . Ps im sure KOV's scrutaneering area will be a calm friendly place, with lighthearted friendly banter, and smiles aplenty :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Time to make my mind up which truck to use, is this a speed event with some winching or a winch event with some speed sections. If its a 60kms course then I guess its the former.

I take there isn't a tap then!.

If I had to choose between the two statements then definitely a speed event with some winching.

Sorry no tap. There is a large lake though :P

If I had to choose between the two statements then definitely a speed event with some winching.

Thankyou, that's pretty much what I expected. Speed I assume is above 30mph which about all my old girl is capable of flat out. She is fitted with underdrive, maybe I should put overdrive instead.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Entry list and all details are available via the webpage HERE

Updates, videos etc on the Facebook page HERE

Marshals still urgently required, if you can help please contact me HERE

I've volunteered Neil, all I have heard is conformation that we don't need to be AWDC members. Have I missed any other information?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

As a J33P committee member, I have arranged with Neil Whitford from the AWDC, that at the soon approaching J33P event at Walters Arena (J33P call it Seven Sisters as that is the nearest town) on the 14/15th July there will be one of the KOV scruitineers present. We are still yet to confirm which day, but this will be the last chance competitors will have (unless arranged privately) to make sure that their rig conforms to the regulations.

This will also be the last time before the event that the potential course will be open for people to carry out some testing.

What J33P are proposing is that if we can get 6 or more extra trucks to enter the Pay and Play weekend on the site then J33P will subsidise the travel costs of the scruitineer and no-one will have to pay the costs. If we don't get the extra 6 trucks, and people are just turning up for the pre comp scruitineering, then the cost will be £20 a truck, payable on the gate/car park

Cheers

Willo cool.png

Its worth pointing out that as part of the £95 entry fee for the weekend, this will include a free BBQ at the Dan yr Ogoff Caves campsite, a few miles away.

The Spectator Map and Info has just been released over on the KoV site: KoV Spectator Info

Feel free to share this link around with people and other forums etc!

post-610-0-35886900-1340741221_thumb.jpg

Here's the gist:

Spectators are welcome at King of the Valleys and there are no charges for admittance, parking or camping.

There will be a clearly marked route, shown on the map in yellow, which we recommend you follow and will take spectators through the middle of the site past many of the most exciting parts of the course. This track is very easy to walk in all weathers.

Catering and toilets are available adjacent to the parking area. You may camp in the parking area but there are no additional facilities. There is a live band on Saturday night.

The markers shown indicate the approximate course distance at each point.

Please note the following:

• No spectator vehicles permitted on site

• Please keep children under close control and dogs on leads at all times

• Please follow the instructions of all marshals which are for your safety

• Please take all your rubbish home with you and do not litter

• 3 weeks later...

Some good testing at the weekend on a massive site, it goes on for ever and thanks to the J33P gang for letting gate crash their social. We are also now looking forward to KoV now our mudguards have past scrutineering.

Is the buggy going to be ready or are you using a Landie Bob?