90 STOLEN - Ardingly, West Sussex

GBMUD

Just heard from a friend:

BD03 WPP SWB TD5 dark blue, white lid, newish roof rack and child seat bolted to chassis

This is the second time she has had it stolen, last time it was recovered from a field full of stolen power tools IIRC.

Any news please report to police or let me know.

Thanks

Chris

suggest both soco's do it and then tell em it's the best force that will hang the barstids by the knackers apprehend the socially deprived young people who have been made this way by the fascist state and only borrowed the vehicle as a cry for help from an insular uncaring society.

just off to sharpen the garden shears :ph34r:

Been whatching this with interest, glad he has had the motor found.

But as we all know too well, if the scum want it they get it!!!....No matter how hard we try to stop them!!!!

What is the thinking with regards to a TRACKER being fitted?

Granted most LR are dismantled and shipped, but this takes time, and i would have thought most people would lnow their Landy was missing, say up to 6 hours after being stolen. So stands a good chance of being found? No?

Any info on this subject would be appreciated Cheers Mutley

What is the thinking with regards to a TRACKER being fitted?

Granted most LR are dismantled and shipped, but this takes time, and i would have thought most people would lnow their Landy was missing, say up to 6 hours after being stolen. So stands a good chance of being found? No?

Any info on this subject would be appreciated Cheers Mutley

In this case the car went from Ardingly, Sussex during the night, was reported in the morning and found by tracker the same day. Seems effective to me.

The car was found in Erith, Kent.

Further to Max-ie, SOCO is the Scene Of Crime Officer, usually a civilian role, and collect finger prints, DNA and other evidence fron the car, murder scene, whatever. Think CSI but without the glamour!

Chris

The vehicle in question was found using a fairly ordinary, cheap GPS tracker installed by the owner.

You can set a virtual 'fence' on them so it will text you if the vehicle goes outside the prescribed area - I don't know if that's what alerted the owner though.

I gather that the owner tracked and found the vehicle and relayed it's position to the Police. To me, it shows that even a £50 DIY tracker is worthwhile. It may not help in every occasion - but at least it gives you a chance of finding the vehicle!

As an experiment, I bought a GPS jammer. (eBay no longer allow jammers to be listed - but they are available elsewhere). However, I found it almost totally ineffective! My sat-nav continued to work unless the jammer was within 20cm of it. Similarly, I've seen GSM jammers used in pub-quiz situations (for obvious reasons) which again had an effective range of a few feet and then only worked on one network.

I kind of wonder if stories about jammers are put about by the thieves themselves so people will think it's not worth fitting trackers? Unless the thief knows where the tracker is hidden to within 20cm - I'd say the jammers are on the whole worthless!

Si

The vehicle in question was found using a fairly ordinary, cheap GPS tracker installed by the owner.

I kind of wonder if stories about jammers are put about by the thieves themselves so people will think it's not worth fitting trackers? Unless the thief knows where the tracker is hidden to within 20cm - I'd say the jammers are on the whole worthless!

There are better jammers about, but access to them is pretty much security forces only, unless you are a radio boffin. GSM can be jammed accidentally with all kinds of household equipment, so I still believe that the VHF systems are more secure.

In terms of Bang to Buck, that cheap GSM tracker has certainly earned its corn!

The best "trackers" are mobile phones, if you have a pay as you go phone, just one hidden in the cab, plugged in. The cops can track that, I see them do it.

Trouble is, will they do it over a stolen vehicle, they will do it for more serious stuff. However a jammer might take out a phone too, so maybe there are kick ass trackers out there that will work?

The best "trackers" are mobile phones, if you have a pay as you go phone, just one hidden in the cab, plugged in. The cops can track that, I see them do it.

Trouble is, will they do it over a stolen vehicle, they will do it for more serious stuff. However a jammer might take out a phone too, so maybe there are kick ass trackers out there that will work?

It seems you can track a phone yourself

http://www.followus.co.uk/?gclid=CNGegcHGm60CFaEhtAodjiyXng