Where to buy Carling switches

L90 BCM

Where should i buy carling switches from ?

I was going to buy 4 of them from mud-uk but then i realised that they are the wrong way up.

But i was going to buy the defender rear wash wiper from them as well.

My other option was to by them from croy tec bcus i have herd that they are the correct way, so can i just buy a off-on-mom switch from croy tec and wire it up the same way as it would have been if i brought the defender washer switch from mud uk

???????

Just buy the right type switch from them and wire it up as you would expect the MUD one to be :)

EDIT: X-Eng also sell carling switches I believe. Though I'm not sure which type they are.

yes but i dont know if the connections are the same for the off-on-mom switch and the defender wash wipe switch.

Does any one know ?

I was under the impression that Carling are American switches and therefore are the 'wrong' way up, thing it said something about that on either Muds' site or X-Eng's site

typically, I can't find it now...

Edited by ejparrott

I was under the impression that Carling are American switches and therefore are the 'wrong' way up, thing it said something about that on either Muds' site or X-Eng's site

typically, I can't find it now...

I believe this is the quote you are looking for which was found on the mudstuff website.

The switches ARB uses for its air-locker kits are Carling Technologies Contura II switches. ARB switches are compatible with the full range of Carling Switch Mounts and accessories. Please note that ARB switches rock the opposite way to our Carling switches. MUD Carling switches operate in the American style. Push the top to turn 'on'. ARB Carling switches operate by pushing the bottom to turn on.

I have been reading a little more and i think the best way for me is to just buy them from mudstuff as the rear wash wipe switch makes sure the wiper blade goes back to the home position which i do not think i would get doing it my self :)

Just buy the right type switch from them and wire it up as you would expect the MUD one to be :)

EDIT: X-Eng also sell carling switches I believe. Though I'm not sure which type they are.

When I bought a switch or two I found Si was cheaper than Mud due to postage.

Cheers mate, If I had been able to find this seller through Google 2 days ago I might have saved a fortune :(

Bookmarked for future though

Sorry, thats nomaly my luck!!! Thay do some good stuff and the service is not bad either, although i have not tried to send anything back yet!

OT, but was it you that has put Nissan axles under your truck? I have a set that i have been fitting for way longer than i should cos of that anyoying think called work! If so do you mind if I drop you a PM about it?

You know that if the switch is the "wrong way" you can remove the rocker bit on the front and turn it the other way up?

We just buy the switches off of MUD to compliment the other bits X-Eng sells - but make absolutely nothing on them. Sure I could buy them direct from Carling, but I like Kevin and he's much easier to deal with for the relatively small volumes we require. To that end, it makes no odds to me whether you buy from X-Eng or MUD.

They are lovely switches! I had one on the outside of a truck as a winch controller and it survived gentle jet washing plus everything off roading could throw at it! It's probably not recommended - but it shows how good they are!

Si

• 1 month later...

Yes you are correct Ross. Ive been told by MUD that if you swap the rockers around, instead of them lighting green with sidelights to match LR gauges, they will light orange. Oh and when you switch em on the led bar will of course be green.

That is why i will be going with dun-bri so the switches will be 'press bottom to switch on'. It may not seem a big deal but it doesnt feel natural pressing the top of them to switch them on.

I bought all mine from Mud, the rear wash/wipe from him is the easiest way to get that working. This does mean that you have them the "wrong" way round though I've got totally used to it despite my initial fears.

They're actually just a robust switch that's very straightforward inside. You could take the front off and turn it round and it's not a difficult job to swap the led's over (apart from the mini resistor and the springs that make a bid for freedom as soon as you open it) but why bother?

Malcolm

• 2 years later...