Another insurance problem

Hi everyone, I'm 18 and have been insured on my 1994 defender for the past year through footman james, however they have now decided to change there policy to over 21 only leaving me with no insurance! :(

Ive tried ringing adrian flux, sureterm, RAC insurance, Aviva, Lancaster, Perfomance Direct, Sainsburys insurance, More Than, LV. Ive also tried the NFU but as my parents haven't been with them for at least a year they won't insure me.

Someone please help me! Does anyone know anywhere that i have chance of getting insurance with?

Thanks

Tom

elephant were insuring 18 year olds last time i looked for daughter till sat in instructors car with her and decided better not to have female snowplough driver in my toy.

try the usual meerkat, fat opera singer, thwack in leather jacket sites and use diff home address (granny??) and a reg plate off ebay/autotrader as new buyer

that way its not flagged up as you scouting around when you get to statrt talking to them as they will start hiking from the promise very quickly.

Not Bitter............

tried NFU, they won't insure me as a parents hasn't been with them for at least a year, I've just tried the rest you have told me expect need to insure, will try them tomorrow if there open.

If anyone knows any others please tell me, I'm getting deperate now!

Why is everyone saying NFU? I didnt think they insured under 25s unless the family is insured and/or in the farming industry.

WRT the local offices and the NFU mutual website, the website is a central call centre and the staff there are not always the most helpful. The local offices are like a different business and the staff there usually go out of their way to help - its like two companies competing with each other from within the same firm!

Tom,

If you are a member of a LR club & use your truck for motorsport of any kind or as a motorsport support vehicle try here :i-m_so_happy:

http://www.competiti.../motorsport.htm

As I'm a bit :ph34r: older than you I don't know if they have an age restriction but I got a bargain price for fully comp on my very modified 110 support vehicle.

Worth a try.

Mick

Don't bother with the online quote just give them a call, iirc they aren't open on a Saturday though.

Edited by stuck

have you tried the Co-op who have these little black boxes that track the car, its speed, and cornering forces ?

I have a simialr problem finding insurance for offspring who has just passed her test. NFU don't want to know until she is 21, AND I can prove she does some form of work on the farm. Ratcatching ?

These boxes are known as Telematics

http://www.insurethebox.com/telematics-car-insurance-to-save-you-money

Farmer Tim

Hi everyone, I'm 18 and have been insured on my 1994 defender for the past year through footman james, however they have now decided to change there policy to over 21 only leaving me with no insurance! :(

Ive tried ringing adrian flux, sureterm, RAC insurance, Aviva, Lancaster, Perfomance Direct, Sainsburys insurance, More Than, LV. Ive also tried the NFU but as my parents haven't been with them for at least a year they won't insure me.

Someone please help me! Does anyone know anywhere that i have chance of getting insurance with?

Thanks

Tom

Hi Tom,

I'm suprised that we couldn't help with offering you a quotation. Feel free to PM me your details and I can take a look at it for you if you like.

Regards,

Dan.