I havent done any of the work I have intended to do.... The IAC valve does appear to be working ok now. It may have unstuck itself with some use. Fuel filter is next on my list but I just havent got around to doing it.

On the upside its still driving pretty well and is in daily use for getting to work. Luckily its not too far so isnt costing too much.

Cheers

Jad

• 3 months later...

Wow it's been a while! Went green laning for the first time with some friends on 27th December down in Salisbury. Had a great time! Was really happy with how the car performed bar a couple of issues... the oil pressure light decided to make and appearance half way throughost the day. After being pulled the road it fixed itself... hoping that was just a wet sensor cable or something? It hasn't reappeared since and I have been driving it every day...

The tyres are only 235/75's and with the extra anchor points from the leaf springs this got me stuck a couple of times. At some point I will have to upgrade to some 235/85's although I'm not in a hurry. I also need to get some recovery points. Should have done that before I left! Anyone got any recommendations for a front tow point? I am just waiting for some bolts for the rear one. Anyway here are some pics.

post-19190-0-77236800-1452025988_thumb.jpg post-19190-0-75663600-1452026006_thumb.jpg

Also this is brilliant!

post-19190-0-79933100-1452025979_thumb.jpg

Jad

PS oil pressure gauge in the post ;-)

going down to Salisbury at ~70-80mph from warwickshire and then a days laning it returned about 17mpg which isnt too bad. It does however need to be tuned. It is currently on a map copied from someone elses install. I never seem to find the time to do any tuning and in all honesty I am not sure exactly how to do it.... It runs well when warm, hunts a lot at idle when cold (can see my lights pulsing with the hunting), and I know I have a slight manifold leak as you can hear it at low speed under light throttle so that needs sorting. Need an adult that knows what they are doing to give me a slight helping hand/ a bit of teaching.

Jad

Love the build, and I really like how it turned out! Must drive like a rocket ship isn’t it? Strangely enough I also like the matt-black. Most of the time I don’t like matt paint on cars but your landy suits it well.

But please ditch those 3 spoke RRC rims, that rim is the most ugly thing Land Rover has ever come up with! I personally prefer the steel 8 spokes, or the wolf type? (with the round holes)

But that’s my opinion :D

For ultimate looks, (and performance) some fender flares and indeed bigger (and wider) tires. That would give it a more aggressive look, I think that’s all it needs to be the ultimate series!

• 1 month later...

Get off my 3 spoke rims! They were free and I quite like them! I do however need some new tyres at some point...

I don't want wheel arch spats because in my view it would make it too much like a defender. If I wanted that I would have started with a defender! I want to stick with 235 tyres although will up the aspect ratio to 85 as ground clearance is a little the on the short side...

Anyway couple of updates. I now have a towbar/pin on the rear and d-rings as recommended on the front. I have also changed my outer wing skins to series ones to reduce the gap above the tyre which I really didn't like. Need to give them a lick of paint and find a way of tying the defender inner wing to the series outer skin. Because of the defender heater I also need to fill the series heater vent hole. I think I'll cut and shut the standard series vent to keep the standard look but make it fit. Unfortunately the wings also make the rock sliders "short" :-/

post-19190-0-23700400-1455040787_thumb.jpg post-19190-0-34057500-1455040801_thumb.jpg

My dad and I have also put in an oil pressure/temperature gauge but I am currently waiting for an adaptor for the pressure sensor.

Cheers

Jad

Highly unlikely to be easier to do that with defender heater box, brake servo, washer fluid tank, p38 steering box, header tank etc etc that is currently mounted in the way... I'll put the cut down defender arches back in first and see how things line up. Might be able to make some brackets to go between them. Wish at least stop most of the spray and splashes going up inside.

Jad

Thats what I currently have. defender wing tops, and inner wings and series outer wings.

This leaves a gap though between the defender inner wing and the series outer wing where the harness runs for the headlights etc each side which I would like to cover. It may be enough just to fit the wheel arch spats I cut down and not attach them to the series outer. Will have to make a judgment call when I get them in.

The LHD wing is a good idea but im not sure I fancy taking off the wing again just yet!

Cheers

When you figure out how to fill the gap between defender inner wing and Series outer skin let me know, On a Defender it's easy, the spats go from the inner wing the skin is the same shape and they carry on outside. They don't fit the Series skins though, I've tried

This leaves a gap though between the defender inner wing and the series outer wing where the harness runs for the headlights etc each side which I would like to cover. It may be enough just to fit the wheel arch spats I cut down and not attach them to the series outer. Will have to make a judgment call when I get them in.

Cheers

That makes sense now I'm awake (first reply was a bit early to be thinking totally straight) and have remembered how it all goes together.

I'd suggest that if you trimmed the plastic arches the right amount so they're a fairly tight fit against the outer wing then that idea would work fine and dandy, although I'd suggest attaching them with nuts/bolts and penny washers.

My 110 currently has them held in with zip ties as the plastic trim clips tat were in there fell out.

You could probably cut a bit of steel or ally strip to bolt on and add the width to the inner wing to fill the gap.

It should be rigid enough not to need further fixing to the outer skin, although a bead of sikaflex or similar should be decent enough to give a waterproof seal, and probably better than the factory defender setup...

Just found this thread by accident , not been on here for a while.

Saw this at work the other Friday when it was lined up with all the other defenders/series

A real sleeper, the interior is the only thing that makes you realise there's more to it than meets the eye. Just wish I'd heard it start or rev up

Thanks Mo

Have put the wheel arches in. Only riveted to the inner wing at the moment which is filling most of the gap.... It would be nice to start again with some intact wings and get them to fit the outer wing tighter but I have been spending too much recently! So that will have to wait. If I leave them only connected on one side I will probably drill a few extra holes so they are better secure as it's only 4 rivets at the moment. Here are some pictures.

post-19190-0-54722300-1455903265_thumb.jpg post-19190-0-30883400-1455903282_thumb.jpg post-19190-0-71858000-1455903292_thumb.jpg post-19190-0-95447500-1455903303_thumb.jpg post-19190-0-66655800-1455903318_thumb.jpg post-19190-0-47175200-1455903331_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Jad