At last an honest eBay add

My 2011 Hilux has cart springs on the back & it's terrible without any weight in it.

The truck in the fleabay ad has parabolics so should be better but as all you series boys know you can't beat coils ;-)

Santanas/Ivecos aside, the double cab pick-ups all have a 1000kg payload in order to get into the commercial vehicle tax/VAT bracket. This, along with the positioning of the rear axle/load area means that they have to have very heavy rear springs and therefor behave poorly when unladen. I assume that 110DCs are also fairly uncomfortable at the rear end when unladen - though I have never tried any of them.

The Santana/Ivecos, from what little I have seen, appear to be spectacularly poorly built even compared to Defenders!

Chris

Doesn't get LR / Santana thing?

Not convinced, at first they slag off the driving experience but then talks about owning a 90 and comparing the Santana with a Series 111.

Marc

Owned a S3, hated the ride so bought a 90 in search of better things but found it too small/choppy and so, rather than buying a decent 110CSW which would have addressed those issues, opted for the cheaper alternative PS10 and found out why they are cheaper? Just speculation.

Chris

i did consider changing the l200 for a navara but heard too much about mechanical problems with them so stayed with the L200, after all 4 years on and its only had a set of tyres, 1 set of wiper blades, 2 new leaf springs and a set of anti-roll bar bushes, so as long as it keeps going like this it will be staying.

what sort of year, mines 54 plate, loves to tow and its not been chipped, just seems to have loads of grunt.

its just turned 99500 mls and gives me absolutley no troubles other than the leaf springs and bushes i mentioned above

maybe the big guy aboves just looking out for me :i-m_so_happy: