6x6 Defender Conversion DVLA VOSA etc.

looks like a big wedge/chock tool, maybe for assisting with forcing open large doors or jammed doors.

On a slightly OT note... one of the pictures in the linked album shows this picture: http://www.flickr.com/photos/58204071@N05/5404564407/in/photostream/

The fire engine 110 on the right is I'm sure now based on Brownsea island :)

• 7 years later...

I think I’m still gonna have to take a walk to my local DVLA/VOSA office & have a chat . 
Im wanting to build a 6x4 Discovery Camper . If I was shorter I’d be able to fit in a standard length Disco , but at 6’5” that ain’t happening. 
I’ve seen other companies have stretched all manner of 4x4 for civil service usage , why can’t I ? It’ll be a professional build , cos I don’t want it breaking with me in it . 

big difference is 

most professional conversions  are on NEW vehicles , unregistered , thats how the likes of Babcocks ( Former S MacNeille) and Coleman Milne etc do it

If your modding a previously registered vehicle then chassis mods will mean IVA and new IDi

No reason why you can't do it. Yes it will need IVA and it will probably end up with an age related plate. I doubt a discovery would need much to get it through an IVA so adding chassis (assuming it's done well) and body isn't going to make much difference. Download the IVA manual and have a read it's not that scary.

Mike

On 3/7/2020 at 11:30 PM, Badger110 said:

Surely the extra axle is for the additional weight?

Either that or lower ground pressure - given the 110 HCPU and 127/130 are rated for 3500kg GVW it's hard to see any great need.

And yes, campers shouldn't be that heavy - our 127 ambulance is 2.8 tonnes with a fridge full of beer and a driver full of coffee :D so ~500kg over a stock 110 CSW and ~700kg under its GVW.