Donington 4x4 Show 2013

David_LLAMA4x4

Hello

As public it seems a way off but as organiser I can assure you it is almost done:

http://www.donington4x4show.co.uk

Back to the show world after a break of a few years ( aprt from the Overland & 4x4 Travel Show ) and having seen the ( probable ) demise of my old show that I sold to Total OffRoad magazine I have decided the time is now right.

So the new show ( albeit back in the original building I used in 2002 ) will be aimed at being a 'real 4x4 show' as opposed to the Sunday markets that the mainstream shows have become.

Look at the list of exhibitors already booked in and you will see that it is 4x4 related - no hats, no candy floss, no bubble blowing machines - just offroading stuff - be it for challenge trucks, racing laning or verlanding

Hope to see a number of you there.

David

The very first show X-Eng attended was one the of last organised by David himself. Since TOR took over it became progressively worse (and more expensive) to the point that in 2012 it was simply not worth going. They moved it from Donnington to Bingly (sp?) Hall - which was just too big. I think the ticket prices reflected that we were paying for a huge hall that was only half used. When they extended it to two days (same number of people spread over two days), It just doubled all the traders ovrheads - and the trade price for a stand increased as well. I was pleased when it was finally allowed to die - a mercy killing you might say!

I'm over the moon that David is organising a new show at Donnington. The cost for trade stands is very reasonable (which of course means all the traders will be falling over themselves to give you bargains ;) )(or at least you'll know they are lying if they complain about the cost of a stand). Hopefully the public tickets will also be more reasonable (comment David?).

Although it's a 4x4 show, not pure Land Rover - I found it very useful to see how the same old problems are solved for different types of 4x4. A good source of ideas! It also means you get a better cross section of traders that you just don't see at pure LR shows.

I spoke to David Bowyer (Goodwinch) and he seemed as pleased as me at the return to Donington and the 'proper' organiser - and I think Goodwinch & X-Eng were pretty much the first to book! Putting my money where my mouth is!

I'm really looking forward to it!

Si

Mike - give me a call on 01952.825732 about getting HA there. I live in Newport so HA are my neighbours!

Public Entrance Price - £10 for adults. U16's FREE and free car parking.

That should just about make us the most reasonably priced of all the LR shows and having to bring the kids is not going to make it an expensive day out.

Nige - have sent a PM, give ma acall and we can sort out a nice stand for you ( be quick though as almost entire floorplan is now sold! )

David

Sh.t, disappointment as I checked my diary and there is something already planned for that day - then relief as I realised it was this show I must have added ages ago. Phew! :)

Chris

Yeah, you just want the fun of seeing Steve & I expertly put a tent up again :blush:.

Amazed that the "Evidence Time Lapse P**s take Chuckle Brothers put a tent up" film hasn't surfaced yet :P

Nige

Yeah, you just want the fun of seeing Steve & I expertly put a tent up again :blush:.

Camping? In a car park in February with Snow on the ground and howling winds - you're brave! I guess I'm not as 'seasoned' a camper as Nigel!

I'm going to be in a nice cosy hotel with a Bar where most of the other traders will be. But I'll spare a thought for you & Steve freezing your knackers off, while I sip my Brown Ale! ;)

Si

Amazed that the "Evidence Time Lapse P**s take Chuckle Brothers put a tent up" film hasn't surfaced yet :P

Nige

I had forgotten that, it must still be in my phone...

Chris

• 4 weeks later...