Pics of 8274s please Std and Modified

Hybrid_From_Hell

I am about to do a further article for the club mag I produce.

The article is around what mods you can do to an 8274, I have already spoke to Gigglepin and Jim says I can use pics etc, and I have Tony Cs modded 8274 big motor support bracket, plasma and hawse etc...

But

was wondering

Have you a 8274, how and whre is it mounted ?

, what mods have you done ?

............... and please will you post up here and give me text and pics I can use.

Whilst this is for a club mag, and I hope nobody will have the hump at me for using LR4x4.com for the info, it may prove to be a very interesting thread for the Tech Archive !

Post up ! :D

Nige

PS Paul W expect a visit :lol:

Stripped ready for rebuild...

red102.jpg

Gwyn Lewis style circlip retaining mod as per his website...

red103.jpg

Freespool drilled to take an R-clip to lock it in...

red104.jpg

Not exactly a mod to the winch itself but this shows the Gwyn Lewis drum guard in place...

red106.jpg

All ready to play...

red109.jpg

Sheet of rubber mat to keep the sun/muck off the rope when not in use...

red114.jpg

How to improve an 8274?

First off, upgrade the motor to something more capable, split pin the freespool, widen the drum, put a better brake on it because when the clutch goes you don't want to be hanging on the end of it, throw away the solenoids and fit Albrights, somehow fix the naff intermediate shaft sliding out issues you always get under extreme conditions, oh, then fit a 2nd motor, throw away both of th emotors now and with twin 24V, then find a way of redesigning the needle roller bearings the gears roll on - oh and the gears themselves since we've destroyed some of those too..

oh.. and er, well.. what's next?

Doesn't seem to be much '8274' left!

How to improve an 8274?

First off, upgrade the motor to something more capable, split pin the freespool, widen the drum, put a better brake on it because when the clutch goes you don't want to be hanging on the end of it, throw away the solenoids and fit Albrights, somehow fix the naff intermediate shaft sliding out issues you always get under extreme conditions, oh, then fit a 2nd motor, throw away both of th emotors now and with twin 24V, then find a way of redesigning the needle roller bearings the gears roll on - oh and the gears themselves since we've destroyed some of those too..

oh.. and er, well.. what's next?

Doesn't seem to be much '8274' left!

That sounds far too familiar......

Nige, there's piccys of my filler and drain plugs in the tec archive. Please feel free to use those if you'd like.