what would you do?

I have a dilemma I have bought a 110 pick up on an E plate. I was going to break it as it has various parts I need for our other two trucks the trouble is bar the knackered td lump it's in good shape it came with a 70k 200tdi and all the bits to fit it but this is the main bit I needed. So would you carry on and break it, fix it sell it buy the parts with the profit or use the tdi then fit the old engine I'm replacing and buy the other bits with the profit.

Mike

If it's not a rare version or in especially good condition, then I'd break it, but it'd be a shame to beak a vehicle that is in very good condition or has any historical significance - the parts you need aren't rare and can be picked up from shows and forum classifieds, so either scenario has merit, depending on the state of the vehicle.

Depending on time scale and state of the pick up, if you say the 200tdi engine is already out sitting on a pallet then fit this to your 110? or where ever it's going. Fit the engine you take out, providing it's ok/servicible, into your new 110 pick up. Then get an MOT on the pick or if it already has an MOT then drive it about for a bit, see if you can gather the parts you need in the coming months.

If you can, great and you can sell the pick. If not then break the pick up and use the parts, but you will probably/may get left with parts that are not sellable, no one wants, lower in value? So that could be a good reason to kepp it for a couple of months to gather the parts you require and then sell it on.

Steve

Do it up and sell it. The longer you keep it, the more attached you will get to it.

I am in the process of stripping down a 110 on my drive. The snow is slowing me down but I dont need it for a daily car so I can take my time. As I get closer to the chassis the more rust and corrosion of panels and parts I am finding, although the chassis is in good condition.

If you have time then strip it and rebuild it. If not then make it safe and tidy then advertise it. If you can put some outrageous engine into it it will sell quickly.

Good luck!

Eric

Another option: SWAP the good bits with your knackered ones and sell it as a fixer-upper, probably get almost as much as you paid (maybe more if you tart it up a tad / dust it over with the spray gun or put a running lump in it, even if it's a tired one), LR fans love a project! :D

I had the same dilemma with my Wife - but decided to put the effort to do her up and keep her - haven't thought about selling her - yet!

Sorry early morning humour :blink: - I have been fighting with an Oil Filter fitted by Arnie since 6am on my newly acquired 110 MOD Defender and although I am wearing the contents of the filter - its off!

Back on topic - I say build it and sell it - after spending a year looking for a good 110 I am sure it will make someone happy!

Now for a fight with the Grease nipples!

How funny, I've got the opposite dillema, this 200tdi 110CSW I've aquired has what appears a reasonably engine and running gear, but the bulkhead doors, chassis are all fubar... I hate these boarderline projects... or maybe its just my head that refuses to want to scrap any Green Oval...! :blink:

How funny, I've got the opposite dillema, this 200tdi 110CSW I've aquired has what appears a reasonably engine and running gear, but the bulkhead doors, chassis are all fubar... I hate these boarderline projects... or maybe its just my head that refuses to want to scrap any Green Oval...! :blink:

Blimey Chris how many is that now?