S#*tpart strikes again

I presume you'll be sending the faulty pump back for a refund/whatever?

Isn't the refund process a long drawn out affair where a person behind a desk who has no idea what they are talking about will determine in the end that "you" installed it incorrectly and therefore....... nothing!

I've had no hassle with returns, I buy from Brit-car who are very helpful.

Consensus seems to be that, rather than improve quality with the warranty, Britpart have made their stuff even cheaper so they can afford to throw replacements out to those few who bother to complain.

As for how I ended up with Britpart bits in the 1st place: Brit-car assured me they'd never had a set of Britpart VCU bearings returned... well, they have now! ^_^

It's a fair point that if you don't return parts, they will never get any better! I'll bet that if said company received back 50% of what they sent out, whether they replace/refund or not, they would soon change things!

Maybe the lack of returns is the problem - they assume that most parts are fine because nobody returns them and the rants on forums are just a few isolated, vocal individuals making trouble?

I talk to a lot of LR traders (unsurprisingly) and it's amazing how many say "Oh, I don't look at the forums - they are full of troublemakers!". I think part of this is because they see more complaints on forums than they get directly - so assume it's just a few trouble makers stirring it up. In some cases there is some truth in that - and they make for uncomfortable reading (for me anyway)! Mostly people who you think ought to 'RTFM' - but at least if you know about it, you can change the FM ("Friendly" Manual) if not the product itself.

Si

That's kinda why I bothered to return them; often Britpart stuff is so cheap it's not even worth the postage (although brit-car have refunded me that too), but as you say, if they never get anything back they have no reason to change or even realise there's anything really wrong.

The one Britpart part (and I got it when I ordered a Borg/Beck unit but the vendor substituted) is their clutch. I didn't realize it at the time but when the friction plate exploded it was obvious they didn't bother to put any metal into the friction material.

Yep made that mistake before! Bought B##tpart water pump & it didn't last long at all. Contacted Paddocks about said item & what a joke!!!

Return item for them to check before sending out replacement or refunding money! Not a lot of help when part needed to use car!!

Still buy small stuff from Paddocks when need to but purchase the better made stuff.

Bought water pump from Motor Parts Direct at the cost of about £80 - £90 quid and not had any problem since & that was about 3-4 years ago?

Buy right buy once