Challenge truck gearbox choice V8

with some wiggling and touching on the starter motor it went in fine :)

the TC should be fitted all the way back into the gearbox before mating it up to the engine. Otherwise you'll wreck the oil pump.

G

Different engine, gearbox, axles and suspension from standard. So not enough points to stay on original plate

from what ive seen on landyzone, your axles are just standard rover items, but have been changed from 10 spline to 24 spline- is that correct? if so, changing from 10 spline axles to 24 spline axles is not enough of a change to lose points - they are still direct replacements for the originals. if i was you i wouldnt worry about the axles!

also your suspension, what of it has actually changed? is it just lifted, if so that isnt enough of a change to lose points i didnt think, youve only used replacement items for the original parts.

in my book, youve only lost 3 points, the engine and the gearbox!

I thought the whole point of the modified builds and special projects section was to have a forum free from censured nonsense

Perhaps I have misunderstood

Indeed, but you are the first one to mention it in this thread.

I agree with Oscar, all the parts apart from the box and engine are direct replacement, and therefore there is no need to worry.

Daan

ayresy ive told dad youre using the farm as the testing ground for it. just need to get some front shafts for mine now so i can get to you to winch your truck back onto its wheels!

and show you up in general!

ayresy ive told dad youre using the farm as the testing ground for it. just need to get some front shafts for mine now so i can get to you to winch your truck back onto its wheels!

and show you up in general!

Awesome sauce I just have to finish it first ;)

Strange whenever I've been that way they've been very good nothing but helpful. I must admit getting them on the phone is difficult. I live 2 mins from Ashcroft but I don't think they will be interested in making a batch of special shafts Kam said they are more interested but the cash may be going to Scotland for a half shaft maker instead.

Depends what shafts these are direct replacements of superior quality to LR material however you still have the 300 small CV so swings an droundabouts. if you use KAM HD all round they have "special" spacers unique to them but they only really by the looks of things modify the old RRC 23 spline 10 outter stub shaft to 23 24 and custom outter shafts.

When it takes a month to get a replacement warranty shaft, to which they initially said i should pay for (despite the lifetime warranty) - it tends to annoy you.

We've broken 6 of their shafts in 18 months along with numerous stub shafts.

G