No LRO Show for 2007

Kev Baldwin

Hmmm... thats a bit of a shame, although completely understandable. :(

This years Malvern show was loads better than last years show... and I was looking forward to seeing it improve again.

All the infighting about shows needs to come to head... The billing/kelmarsh thing is a completely ridiculous situation if you ask me... 2 shows on the same weekend only a couple of miles apart :blink::angry:

From a club perspective, more shows is generally better... it means we get to have more paaaartays :D sorry... I meant attract more members :ph34r: but it does become a bit of a nightmare when you do so many of them.

I don't know why they can't all get together and host one or 2 major shows a year, where no particular mag has a hold over the show. At the end of the day, we all have the same interest at heart.

Come on Mag-people... sort it out!

D

They won't co-operate, because they're all convinced they're the best magazine in the UK who can put on the best show :rolleyes:

Billing situation is daft, someone will lose out and my money is on LRE doing badly as people will always go to Bling. LRM did a good event at Gaydon, which makes me keen to see how they fare with Billing.

TBH I think there are too many mags anyway, someone will fall by the wayside eventually or have to modify their angle - at the moment you have LRO/W/M/E all doing pretty much the same thing, only TOR have had the bright idea of covering 100% mud and leaving the shiny stuff to a sister publication. If they split up like this and let LRE do the anorak stuff, LRW the bling stuff, LRM the muddy stuff and LRO could be left to disappear up the Cobleys' arses, or perhaps rename itself Yellow Pages :rolleyes:

With this one gone it's a pity Kelmarsh/Billing can't be arranged back to back so those that are interested could do both over consecutive weekends, with some camping at one of the sites in between along with some midweek events at local sites.

One of the problems with LRO/Malvern was that it clashed with the bank holiday weekend, so there is an opportunity for a show say a week later which would kill off the "fest" at Peterboro which happens mid September.

A show say somewhere in Staffordshire/Derbyshire in early September would be a winner for those travelling from the north.

As far as Billing is concerned, how long will the show remain there even under "new management"?

John

he message from you is a clear one – there are too many shows.

Don't think I've ever heard someone say that. Quality is rubbish (especially Billing), but that's all.

For traders, LRO and its 297,000 readership (NRS) is the best place to showcase your products and services

Another catalogue of bluddy adverts then.

Les.

I agree that there were too many shows this year (left me exhausted!). I enjoyed the LRO show - but that was more on account of the Shire Club than LRO :)

There are moves afoot to do something about the coflict between the LRE and LRM shows being on the same weekend so hopefully one or the other will move / not happen.

There is also a new show being organised by Steve Wells (Ex of Tomcat) at Manby (somewhat further North). Can't remember the full details though. I've not yet decided if it's worth the drive though (a long way from the deep south!)

Si

I don't know why they can't all get together and host one or 2 major shows a year, where no particular mag has a hold over the show. At the end of the day, we all have the same interest at heart.

Come on Mag-people... sort it out!

Bit like forums really, better with no involvement from anybody :)

LR4x4 show anybody? B)

There is also a new show being organised by Steve Wells (Ex of Tomcat) at Manby (somewhat further North). Can't remember the full details though. I've not yet decided if it's worth the drive though (a long way from the deep south!)

Si

Have a look at this link for details of the new Show. I've signed up as I like the whole format the organisers promise

David

Have a look at this link for details of the new Show. I've signed up as I like the whole format the organisers promise

David

I agree that it could be a good event. They say 'the biggest names' will be there - but David is about the only one I've heard of (I know Foundry as well). Maybe the biggest names are waiting in the wings?

????????

Si

They won't co-operate, because they're all convinced they're the best magazine in the UK who can put on the best show :rolleyes:

Billing situation is daft, someone will lose out and my money is on LRE doing badly as people will always go to Bling. LRM did a good event at Gaydon, which makes me keen to see how they fare with Billing.

TBH I think there are too many mags anyway, someone will fall by the wayside eventually or have to modify their angle - at the moment you have LRO/W/M/E all doing pretty much the same thing, only TOR have had the bright idea of covering 100% mud and leaving the shiny stuff to a sister publication. If they split up like this and let LRE do the anorak stuff, LRW the bling stuff, LRM the muddy stuff and LRO could be left to disappear up the Cobleys' arses, or perhaps rename itself Yellow Pages :rolleyes:

Fridge,

That is the best suggestion I have heard for a long time,

The LRW girls could get their kit off too, ;o) (Sorry Kev, not saying you're ugly, just not my type :o)

Lara.

Oh f***ing great, if there's one thing we need it's more shows oop north :rolleyes: why will no bugger organise one on the south coast, furthest down we get is Gaydon or perhaps Sodbury if you count that.

They are all in the South - Northamptonshire, Worcestershire, Warwickshire... Okay, it's not the deep, deep South, but even going by the conventional wisdom that anything from about Manchester up is 'North' (which is pushing it anyway, considering Manchester is only half way up the country - definitely midlands...), they're hardly Northern!

And don't get the Scots started on the subject unless you live North of Perth...