Radius arms

soon I'll be sorting the suspension on the 110. this time round I want to do it properly and fit castor corrected arms at both ends

Last time I checked (about 7years ago now) the QT style ones broke and now with a young family I am ever more conscious of things failing on the road at speed.

Have QT sorted that problem? I've also come across the adrenalin 4x4 arms which arnt a pretty sight but they look pretty beefy.

What are people's thoughts on them? And are there any other breeds of radius arms and trailing arms that are up to par??

fitting a Salisbury front and I will not be drilling that. The cranked and castor corrected fronts will aid in suspension movement (as it's not maxing out the bush already) and help a little retaining a slightly better turning circle which is valuable in a 110 lol. Those two factors are worth it to me but if there all as bad as they used to be ill be sticking with the lr arms.

Can't see any, though apparently Tomcat used to do them.

Personally I think making a jig for cutting, rotating, internal/external sleeving the axle tube would be a better product, that way if your swivels are good you don't have to muck about replacing them with blue box stuff :/

Can't see any, though apparently Tomcat used to do them.

Personally I think making a jig for cutting, rotating, internal/external sleeving the axle tube would be a better product, that way if your swivels are good you don't have to muck about replacing them with blue box stuff :/

Dirtydiesel has/had a jig for doing this

fitting a Salisbury front and I will not be drilling that. The cranked and castor corrected fronts will aid in suspension movement (as it's not maxing out the bush already) and help a little retaining a slightly better turning circle which is valuable in a 110 lol. Those two factors are worth it to me but if there all as bad as they used to be ill be sticking with the lr arms.

cant see them making any difference on suspension movement or turning circle. If any, they create more problems, because you propshaft angles become wrong, and your draglink gets lower to the ground, both bad news. I never bothered with them for that reason.

When I purchased my radius arms, we compared a Terrafirma and a Britpart unit in the shop, surprisingly the Britpart weighed more and had more welding holding the horizontal plates with the vertical member so in this case opted for the blue box ones. The only downside is that the inner edge of the arm sits close to the outer chassis leg but it very rarely touches on articulation.

I don't think you can go too far wrong with the products that Gwyn Lewis are selling though. I have the twin-walled trailing arms ones on a 90 and they are twice the thickness of the unbranded cranked arms on the other 90. The axle end is not offset quite so much requiring a half moon shape to be cut in the axle bracket to prevent it binding.