Rattler and son 1971 S11a swb Restoration

Cornish Rattler

5 hours ago, Snagger said:

Great so far.  Going to need some nice original wheels, though! :)

I just can' make my mind up originally I was going to fit LWB rims but I've got 2x full sets of modular rims all 5.5 j and got thinking leaving the rims on but painted in Limestone and if I do get a Sankey trailer I can use 3 off the spare modular rims for that as if I get a Sankey it will be painted to match the 2a :)

• 4 weeks later...

Great thread. You mentioned a galvanised bulkhead earlier, is that a new one and if so can you post a link to the supplier please? I’m going to be following in your footsteps with my S3 SWB and a new galv bulkhead could be an option.

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 9:05 AM, BigJ said:

Great thread. You mentioned a galvanised bulkhead earlier, is that a new one and if so can you post a link to the supplier please? I’m going to be following in your footsteps with my S3 SWB and a new galv bulkhead could be an option.

Sorry we've not decided on where we are getting the bulkhead from yet as I am waiting to get my son's wedding out of the way and at the same time get my share/save money through from work which all happens in May this year so will let you no then :)

Just need to remove the manifold i bought, painted and fitted a while back as i didn't realise the turbo came with part of the manifold as the manifold i bought was a complete manifold and just had the turbo removed so really i fitted it, painted and fitted it all for nothing but then again i would have needed the manifold endes anyway :(

Just need to remove the manifold i bought, painted and fitted a while back as i didn't realise the turbo came with part of the manifold as the manifold i bought was a complete manifold and just had the turbo removed so really i fitted it, painted and fitted it all for nothing but then again i would have needed the manifold endes anyway 

47 minutes ago, Peaklander said:

Rattler I’m glad you’ve got a week off and can crack on. I’ve been waiting for your updates 😀

Cheer's, yeah I just want to get my son's wedding out of the way now as May can't come quick enough then I can give the 2a my full attention :D