STOLEN 110 CSW

keithjh

Hi All,

Some toerag took the 110 CSW 200TDI, last night/ early morning, found out at around 0530 when wife went out to work. Fitted with 1.6m Ezi-Awn etc. Realistically this will be broken up in a day or so, i have no hope of the Police finding it, its not took by joy-riders as the Police would like to think.

Anyway its a 200TDI only done 35000miles on a new lump.

Reg A588 GJV

To say i`m pi$$ed off is the understatement of the year.

IMG_0037.jpg[/img]

Regards Keith

Commiserations Keith - I know that sinking feeling well when you go out to find your baby missing.

I often thank fate that I have ended up living opposite curtain-twitching old insomniacs - Mr Shires has saved me grief on several accasions over the last 3 years...

Fingers crossed you might find it... One of my cars was nicked years ago and a mate found it parked up on an industrial estate the next day so I had to go and nick it back!

There are a lot of people here who keep an eye on Ebay = are there any identifying features on any of the components that we should know about?

Rog

Keith,

That's really dreadful, have put the word out on a couple of other 4x4 forums I belong to in the South East.

Suggest others do the same including the following link :

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=9863

linking back to your message.

The more who can keep there eyes out the better - can you post any more photo's / details - distinguishing body panel damage or styling etc, ?

Am off to Wales at later in the week so will keep my eyes peeled on the way.

My father had his 300tdi 90 stolen off his driveway, turned up 3 miles away about a week later.

Whilst I had my winch and bumper stolen 2 months ago - thieves in the night. So know how you are feeling.

Peter.

I'm really sorry Keith. Gut wrenching to say the least. Not much I can do to help from Germany apart from post the link with details to my friends back in the UK. Although I do feel like bringing over the boys to police the streets. Something is not right with all this thieving going on. I hear this sort of thing all the time when the lads are on exercise in Poland, but back in Blighty?? This really pi**es me off.

Sorry again. Paul.

Commiserations Keith - I know that sinking feeling well when you go out to find your baby missing.

I often thank fate that I have ended up living opposite curtain-twitching old insomniacs - Mr Shires has saved me grief on several accasions over the last 3 years...

Fingers crossed you might find it... One of my cars was nicked years ago and a mate found it parked up on an industrial estate the next day so I had to go and nick it back!

There are a lot of people here who keep an eye on Ebay = are there any identifying features on any of the components that we should know about?

Rog

I have the new engine/gearbox numbers which i will find out and post, chassis had a new rear quarter last year, the ezi-awn is the 1.4m, not that many of those around they are normally the 1.2m. going to drive round in the RR now its getting light and have a look around, but don`t hold out much hope i would not think its the sort of thing kids steal, also i am right out in the country, kids are not going to come out here in the hope of pinching a car when towns estates etc are full of cars. I think its been took to strip and sell at jumbles e-blag etc, or its been pinched to order.

Obviously it will be reported to the insurance company as soon as they open, but i will never get back what its worth to me as well as all of the hours work that have gone into it.

Regards Keith

Absolute gits. I hope you find it.

I had my bio-diesel processor nicked out of my driveway once. It was an old copper water heater with a load of extra valves and pipes soldered in. Guess they nicked it for the copper. I only hope that the toxic mix of methanol, caustic soda and glycerine in the bottom dissolved some sensitive part of their body.

Hi I know it hurts and your gutted!! now you think of all the times you didnt even worry about locking it,etc.etc. Dont waste your time looking for it!!!!! I did and it became a frantic daily search on ebay, parts, autotrader etc.etc. I basically became obsessed in trying to find it, or any part from it, but also trying to find a replacement. up at 5.30 in morning on t'intnt looking what was available. mine as a c reg 110 ht with, well lets just say lots, but valued at 5 big ones!! I new i wouldnt see it again but had to have another NOW!!!! So I drove from kent to manchester and bought a lovely 98 300 110 ht, a really beautiful thang!! and I felt better. BUT 3 weeks later my old one was found intact, and been used for burglaries in london, and was found about 5 miles from my house. But I had been payed off by then, then someone on this site informed me it was on ebay as a newly mot'd vehicle, boasting all the new parts it had. that I'd put on. :( What a nightmare!! what do you do???? do you buy it and sell the new one and lose money?? do you watch it there on the screen everyday. I forced myself not to buy it, but it was hard, it went for 2250 i think, but it was basically a new truck but 21 years old. My god they got a good deal. MY POINT finally!! is dont panick and buy another too soon, you never KNOW whats round the corner, I should have bought an ex post office sherpa for about 800 and then used that for 6-8 months. Always get your money back on them. Never mind. I DO know how you feel, cheers stumpy!!!