Confused, where there Army 2.6L series 3 ? Or is it a 1 ton!

Discostew72

Possibly was military - the army bought a lot of stuff. But without proof then I'd assume not. Mind you looks nice and straight. Loads of room for a longer engine, too, if you want to ditch the 2.6.

Chassis number will be the real tell.

None of the photos give any real clue's as to the features which would define it as a One Ton chassis, nor can you see the front axle, which would be a Salisbury on a One Ton of that age, no gold dust wheels either...

I'd guess it's a standard six cylinder pickup that was bought by an estate or similar, was run exclusively on private land until it was sold, which saw it being road registered, then at some point between then and now someone threw -perhaps literally- a slapdash camouflage paint job at it.

Speedo is a standard MPH speedo with the smaller inset KPH scale on its face.

While I didn't think the military took any 6 cylinders, it does look like it could be part of the army Commercial Logistic fleet to me - these were standard vehicles on standard chassis with minimum of military features intended for ferrying / towing items between barracks etc

Along with its later registration and bronze green original paint, if you look closely it has a military fire extinguisher mounting in the passenger footwell, military bonnet hold downs, and just visible is the centre auxiliary dash panel.

For a project it does look very good, it's very straight and I haven't seen in butchered series 3 footwells on a project for some time!