Who makes a good intercooler ?

Mo Murphy

Brunel Performance are very good. Thats what I run on both of mine.

I've had Allisport and Twisted. Allisport was OK, but I prefer Brunel.

You can't compare Twisted to Brunel (In my opinion) as it's a much cheaper produced, less efficient item.

There is a story behind it, but this a public forum. ;)

Having seen the quality of all the alli welding at Brunel I would not go anywhere else.

Richard (no, I don't work there and I pay for my bits)

Another vote for Brunel Performance.

Installed their uprated standard size intercooler yesterday and even without any fuelling tweaks there's a signifcant improvement in performance. Well pleased :)

Originally intended to buy from AlliSport but no-one would answer their phone when I tried to speak to them on Tuesday and Wednesday last week. Left messages but no-one got back to me and in the process of looking elsewhere I made contact with Jon at Brunel and he was as good as his word, shipping the intercooler out exactly when he said he would.

I've never bought anything from Brunell but they've been very helpful and informative on the phone.

Allisport have bilt both my radiator and intercooler and the fab is spot on. They're also doing me a bonnet cowl to help with cooling. The only thing I would say is they can take a while to do custom stuff; they're very busy guys.

Would go with Allisport, can only praise the workmanship and quality, plus it performs as well as it looks. Very helpful when have spoke to them but has been said they are very busy (recommendation in itself) but well worth a bit of persaverance.

I bought one from Horseclub off ebay (straightforwardsupplies), it cost me £112 with the postage and took a couple of hours to fit and I needed a couple of Samco 45 degree hoses. The end tank thingies look like its been made in a metalwork class in Schezuan somewhere, but the core is top quality, and its HUGE. It made a massive difference when I tweaked the pump, not tweaked the boost yet, but may do sometime soon.

I bought mine in an auction, but they only seem to sell them Buy it now at the moment, but i've seen them go for a lot less than £175.

Horseclub intercooler

Nicksmelly