Weight of a Land Rover incorrectly input into UK VCA database

FridgeFreezer

Had this issue some time back with a 110 which I look after.

We had the weight info changed without any argument. They did however take three attempts before they actually put the figure in the right box.

Steve

At the same time, and whilst going through the change process, we checked out the class 7 test and found a place that did them cheaper than 4.

My 1979 Range Rover 6-wheel Commando states a Revenue Weight of 29,000kg (used to be taxed as a Fire Engine), give or take a few kilos and it's tax class is PLG! How the h*ll the previous owner managed to get that one through I have no idea. I'm currently awaiting the return of the V5 to see what they have done to it.

my V5 doesn't have any weight given, but the plate says 3050kg, its a 2 seater 110 hardtop so does it need 4 or 7 MOT? I'm not bothered about taking it for a class 7 as theres plenty of places around I just don't want a wasted trip!

Mike

Class 7 as it's a commercial & over 3000kgs.

So my question is do i get mine changed to 2950kg as stated on the plate?

Considering what and where i'm going do you think getting the paperwork to say 2950kg rather than 3499kg is a good idea?

Will setting the lower figure limit me in any way? Will it mean i can't load it up?

Thanks N

• 1 month later...

OK so the DVLA has just confirmed they've changed my V5C to "Estate" from "Light 4x4 Utility" and have corrected the weight to 2950kg from 3499kg.

They say they "forgot" to send out the reviced document so it should be with me in a few days.

I have just looked at the V5C for my 1987 ex mill 90. Its showing the model as 90 defender, body type as pick up, taxation class as PLG. There are no weights given anywhere on the document. So should i be concerned? and what do i need correcting if anything?

Thanks Jason

Just checked the LEZ website and my vehicle will be non complient as of october 4th 2010. This wont really affect me as ive only ever been to London once and i dont ever plan to repeat it. Im more concerned with possible tax increases or increased mot fee's and complications.

DVLA seems slow making changes at the moment. I had to call several times to get my V5 back in 2 months revised from light utility to estate. I got the impression the staff lacked relevant instructions. Land Rover seem to have commonly muffed up various details and recent MOT rule changes may mean lots of us asking for changes. This may have left DVLA suspicious about what we are up to - I had to get a letter from Land Rover!

Sent mine off and it took less than a month to do but they "forgot to send one back" once i called up they admitted they had messed up and would send it in three days. I called one month and a day after sending it in.

hi, sent my v5c of about a month ago, it was returned with the photos i provided of the vin plate and engine number about 3 weeks it took to come back, mine is for a 90 and the weight was changed from 3499kg to 2400kg and the engine capacity from 3495cc to 2495c with no problems atall. :)

Just got mine back today changed from 3499Kg to 2400Kg. I was about to chase them as it must have been 6 weeks. Sent them a photocopy of the page from the user manual, a photo of the VIN plate, and a covering letter, and its all been done.

i am going to send my log book off to get the weight changed shows 3495 on log book but 2400 on plate,also want change the body type to estate did you just fill in wheeipan/body type section on the log book and leve them to, it or did you write a fowarding letter with pics of your land rover.

I just filled in section 7 (box 22) of the V5. I didn't put a date (box 23) on the weight change though and they never contacted me to supply a date.

For box 20 - wheelplan/body type I would suggest sending a pic. Mine is a hardtop and just says "light 4x4 utility".

Just checked the V5 for my series 3 and no weight is recorded, so I'm not going to bother with that one.

• 2 months later...