Land Rover smell discussion

Snagger

Hi everyone.

There was a discussion not long ago that drifted onto the distinctive smell of the older Land Rovers - Series, Defenders, D1 and RRC.  I couldn't find the interview on google at the time to put into the discussion, but now that I have accidentally stumbled across it this morning, I can't find that discussion on here!

Anyway, here's a link to an old BBC programme about the early Land Rover, with appearances by Tom Barton, Phil Bashall and James Taylor, plus the comment I had been looking for at 3m20s by Anthea Turner: 

• Like 1

Remember that movie, it was aired on TV in holland as well, I still have it on a VHS video tape somewhere. The smell is an individual thing of every landrover; Mine smells very special by now, but it depends how deep and where the last swamp was.

Daan

• Haha 1

Older carpeted vehicles of any brand are generally dominated by the smell emanating from damp carpets/soundproofing where they have got wet during the winter from wet/snowy footwear. It's so hard to take carpets out of a vehicle to dry them properly that few people bother, and unless you do that it always sits there mouldering away.

On ‎31‎-‎12‎-‎2017 at 6:03 PM, Snagger said:

It's a certain generation of men that have a specific appreciation of Anthea, Eric! :D

Now I don't know who Anthea is. Never met the girl.... Honestly!

But Betty is the dear old lady in my avatar. Full name: Betty Boop.

Eric