Main Vehicle Insurance (oh no another Insurance post)

Eeeek, I'm running into Insurance issues!

My 110 is my main vehicle, so far I've tried:

Heritage - Can't Insure modified LRs as Main Vehicles anymore

Admiral -  Won't touch Roll Caged vehicles

NFU - Haven't got back to me yet...

Adrian Flux - Never using them again after they took the Pi55 over my sons moped insurance.

Who else uses their Modified Defender as  main vehicle and who do you use?

Will :-)

DSCN0759.JPG

Another vote for A-Plan - not too sure if they do main vehicles, but very good to deal with.

Equally NFU are spot on and would be my choice for main use - their claim service is second to none and they do understand Land Rovers - make sure you ring the local office and not just their call centre team...

Sureterm have quoted £150 with no business use.

Bloody madness this insurance lark. What difference does it make if I am driving to a job or driving to the shops? Surely 5000miles a year is 5000miles a year, where I am going has no bearing on it does it?

Will :-/

110Countisbury.jpg

There’s all sorts of reasons why your risk might be different (higher) when “on business” than social. Not least the time of day and the other drivers on the road as well as things going on in your own head. If it made no difference then there would be no difference. 

You want to try insurance for domestic, commuting, business and carrying goods. £800 a year on my pickup compared to £230 a year on my van domestic only :wacko: 

£150 a year I'd be over the moon!

What really annoys me is they will only let you use your no claims on one policy yet if you have an accident and claim on one policy you have to declare it to all policies and they all put their price up :unsure:

On 29/06/2018 at 7:56 AM, Yostumpy said:

Flux,   SD&P + business. £400 ish. With modifications, ( wheels, suspension, side windows added, roof rack, straight thro centre pipe, RAI, 

Never using Adrian Flux again after they quoted me 'the best possible price I'd get' 'as a valued existing customer on my sons 50cc moped. I did an online comparison search after and they were the 2nd cheapest at £300 less than they quoted me over the phone. Yes I did phone them and write to them telling them what I thought about that. :-) 

Sureterm came up with the goods in the end, £150 so the 110 is back on the road :-)

Will

• Like 1