Vented front caliper fluid gallery seals

Trying to obtain 2 of the fluid gallery seals for vented front caliper, 

only ones I can find online are these  https://www.shop4autoparts.net/parts/brakes/CALIPER-GALLERY-SEAL-12-6-13-4/

I've sent messages to the supplier above & to another place, but no replies yet.

on the off chance do any forum friends have or know where I can get 2 of the seals from please 

2020-05-21.png

I've found this kit, see the 2 items ringed in red, these might be what I'm after. I've sent the seller [on ebay] a message for more info.

Yes I'll try Zeus by email, now sent the email & awaiting a reply -- fingers crossed.

2020-05-21 (1).png

Edited by western

Got a reply from the ebay seller whose listing had the photo above but he said that's not a true photo of the kit, so no result there, still waiting for autopost & zeus & north west classic to reply, 

No I haven't tried big red,

2 hours ago, cackshifter said:

I think that is a Lockheed part number. However, if say Bigg Red refurbished them they would have to replace them; have you tried them, they do sell loose parts?

Success & a good call by you :i-m_so_happy:Now have a pair of these galley seals on the way to me, all sorted within 10 minutes.

2 minutes ago, cackshifter said:

Glad to hear it worked - but - I thought (I have never stripped them so you may well be OK with 2) there was one on each caliper each side of the spacer, ie you'd need 4 to do a vehicle set.

By the look of it, they run all the way through the spacer and stick out each side, so only two per calliper, - if they only sat each side, needing four, they’d use the standard seals.

30 minutes ago, cackshifter said:

Glad to hear it worked - but - I thought (I have never stripped them so you may well be OK with 2) there was one on each caliper each side of the spacer, ie you'd need 4 to do a vehicle set.

Nope, not on vented calipers the rubber tube goes through the spacer with a metal tube in centre, I'll do a few build up photo's when all the parts are here.

Good, it would have been mighty annoying to have only half what you need. They look in a bit of a state, they look like they should be replaced when the piston seals are replaced. I presume they are relatively old, but quite surprising as you aren't supposed to split the caliper. Good job you did.

• Like 1

this caliper was leaking from on of the lower inboard piston seal& found a score mark on piston, [new stainless pistons & seals fitted back in Feb] also saw some fluid staining on the upper face of caliper body at the spacer to body joint.  Just waiting for these 2 gallery seals & a set of pistons/seals to arrive. 

on non vented calipers there is a square section O ring seal at each fluid gallery, so just 2 per caliper. & these tubular seals on vented calipers. Some other calipers on NON LR vehicles may have 4  O ring seals per caliper [2 each side of the spacer block] which is what I thought my calipers had. but once spilt it wasn't the case, I did by 4 of 17H8764L seals, but not required for my front vented calipers but might be useful if I have to split a rear caliper.

1 hour ago, western said:

I did by 4 of 17H8764L seals, but not required for my front vented calipers but might be useful if I have to split a rear caliper.

i don't think they will fit the rear caliper , as far as i remember they are a different size to the front calipers !

Just to confirm,

Western is on the money. Front Defender vented rotor calipers require gallery seal 3851-739. They have an inner steel tube to support the seal, this does NOT come with the seals. Re use from your calipers. 

I bought mine from Shop4autoparts when i rebuilt them in 2013. Never had a issue with many kms put on them. 

BTW when I went to a local LR dealer (here in Australia) they couldnt even find the part number.

cailper spacer.jpeg

Cailper split.jpeg

gallery seal inner tube.jpeg

• Like 1