Budget workshop build

miketomcat

2 hours ago, Anderzander said:

Excellent!!! !!! 

Yeah about that.... I think the paint may make it to the end of the week but I doubt it'll last much longer. It doesn't appear to be waterproof which is quite worrying for a garage floor paint. :rtfm:I'm hoping it's just because it takes 72hrs to fully dry but there are a couple of bits that seem to of lifted, stuck to my shoe then I walked it around the house. Oh yes she was well impressed with that....:banned:

Mike

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, miketomcat said:

Yeah about that.... I think the paint may make it to the end of the week but I doubt it'll last much longer. It doesn't appear to be waterproof which is quite worrying for a garage floor paint. :rtfm:I'm hoping it's just because it takes 72hrs to fully dry but there are a couple of bits that seem to of lifted, stuck to my shoe then I walked it around the house. Oh yes she was well impressed with that....:banned:

Mike

I used a 2K  and it can't take that much..  But, on the other hand.. it's a wotkshop floor..  Mine you can see about two week's a year😁  And that's over the year!

What did the paint tin say about the age of the substrate? I struggled to find anything inexpensive that could cover a concrete floor less than something like 6 months old because of the out gassing during curing.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

If you want to collect I may have some spare pallet racking you could have. Well okay the pile that's remaining stands 8ft tall and 20ft wide.

I've run out of horizontal braces (but I know a chap who has some spare) so if you fancied bringing some down with you then that'd be grand :D. Or if you want to fabricobble some uprights into horizontal shelves then feel free.

IMG_20220311_172145_338.thumb.jpg.8e5f98e131eaaf96205435bc2881513f.jpg

Thanks ed between work and other commitments I'm a bit short on spare time to come up at the moment (though we have been trying to make time to come up honest). I'll see what comes up locally if not perhaps later in the year once I've cleared a few jobs :hysterical:.

Mike

• 8 months later...

Just to update this thread.

The workshop has seen a fair bit of work lately.

IMG_20221201_191130.thumb.jpg.a6d16cab28c263b759a54beb7e37b1d4.jpg

Been busy making a mini Marcos front end for a friend. I've also been sorting out a fish pond for the wife which has meant I needed to sort the workshop electrics. I've run an amoured cable from the house consumer unit down to the workshop and into a consumer unit in there. I've put in a 30 amp ring main and 6 amp lighting circuit. In addition to this there's a separate 16 amp supply that runs an outside socket in the vasinity of said fish pond. I've also got a separate 6 amp for an outside light (not fitted yet). The lights are still very heath Robinson because they are an assortment of lights I already had but the supply and switch are sorted.

Mike

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

Due to replacing the lights at work with led, the original lights became available for the correct price.... This gave me a reason to sort the wiring to the lights out and add a few more.

IMG_20230401_182345.thumb.jpg.1263399a93d73e092c355ab69feaac30.jpg

Now I just need to clear some junk out, but at least I can see it now. :hysterical:

Mike

• Like 2