Replacing brake pipes

Hi all.
Anyone know the part number or where to buy the brake pipe running along the chassis front to rear? The rear and front pipes are easily and reasonably priced on eBay but can’t find that longer one running from the front to the rear axle. Alternatively how difficult are they to make up from a kit?
Thanks

6 hours ago, Eightpot said:

Get yourself one of these kits, makes very good flares very easily, far superior to the cheap alloy flare tools

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284152037970?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=47JKgCSCSZC&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=r3bYuZTHQoa&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I second this. Great tool. Perfect flares every time 

On 2/1/2023 at 7:04 AM, muddy said:

I'll just leave this here.

IMG_1469.jpeg.4118a592e5373e06ec50c7f7eb721ef3.jpeg

Needs another box with him effing and blinding cos he's made the perfect second flair, but forgot to put the male/female end on........ come on, we've all done it

4 hours ago, Eightpot said:

I always add an extra inch on the pipe for when I've got to cut the end back off 😄

I do this every time I can. This allows you to cut the end off if you forget to put the fitting on or you cock the flare up!

I have had to do this more than once and I haven't made that many pipes - but I would have had to make more if I didn't leave excess when I cut the pipe.

But I also allow a bit extra to allow flex when fitting too. It's easy enough to loose it by increasing the angles you set the pipe at.

I also have a piece of tape on the flaring tool box with "put the fitting on the pipe" in big letters with a marker pen.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...