Last daft V8 question for today...probably

And I think it's an easy one.

I have a brilliant set of pdfs for my Landy showing parts and general arrangements etc. 

image.thumb.png.5d881d9dc70fab40253f7b5787c3498d.png

But it doesn't show anything relating to the 3.9. Is there an equivalent? It's probably really obvious, but I can't think where to look at the moment...

Thanks.

35 minutes ago, steve b said:

Thinking about it, isn't the NAS 90 Anniversary model a 3.9 ?

Yep.

Between the regular V8 Defender parts book and the RR Classic parts book / workshop manual there shouldn't be any surprises.

23 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

4.0, wasn't it? 

Badged as 4.0 yes, but pretty certain it was the 3.9 with 14CUX same as the RRC... Wikipedia says 1993 onwards so that would be (just) before the P38 came along and while they were still building 3.9 Classics for a few years.

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys, I think I knew it was going to be a Disco 1 or Range Rover book I needed, guess I was looking for a pointer as to where to find it. All I can find at the moment is a US site that gives me some sort of strange overhaul manual that doesn't actually say anything unless I sign up for God alone knows what...

7 hours ago, FridgeFreezer said:

Badged as 4.0 yes, but pretty certain it was the 3.9 with 14CUX same as the RRC... Wikipedia says 1993 onwards so that would be (just) before the P38 came along and while they were still building 3.9 Classics for a few years.

Wasn't it a 4.0 GEMS? Sure looks like it in this picture:

Defender_Pre-pro_50th_engine.jpg

6 hours ago, Junglie said:

I think I knew it was going to be a Disco 1 or Range Rover book I needed, guess I was looking for a pointer as to where to find it

Have you got the RAVE stuff? I believe they went from physical books to computer based, but it's all essentially pdf. That's my go to for engine and other relevant bits. Can't immediately recall where I got it from now....

The equivalent is the NAS 3.9 in 94 there were also 110 NAS 3.9s, that is where I started looking for special parts for my build. I  am not sure if there was specific parts and workshop manuals for them at the time, most of the parts seem to be mixed in with the euro parts catalogs.  Wiring diagrams for any of the early 90s defenders are pretty hit and miss. Rovers North would be the place to check if there were any.

18 minutes ago, ThreePointFive said:

Just realised there's a lot of crossed wires here.

The NAS (93-94) models were 3.9, the 50th Anniversary (98) as pictured above were 4.0 GEMS.

50th anniversary were the same as 97 NAS models.

20 hours ago, Junglie said:

And I think it's an easy one.

I have a brilliant set of pdfs for my Landy showing parts and general arrangements etc. 

image.thumb.png.5d881d9dc70fab40253f7b5787c3498d.png

But it doesn't show anything relating to the 3.9. Is there an equivalent? It's probably really obvious, but I can't think where to look at the moment...

Thanks.

LTP3003 covers all the tech publications that were ever available for any 90, 110, 127, 130. I have it on cd and now USB

https://www.paddockspares.com/usb-dtp-land-rover-90-110-127-and-defender-90-110-and-130-1983-2001.html

There's lots of PDF's out there for free ( @Junglie you have a PM ;) ) I would object to paying much at all, never mind £200 :o

The 3.9 Range Rovers may well be in the period when they transitioned from printed books to Microcat, there's a few websites out there that reproduce it I think and I'm sure there's a few cracked ISO images of it etc. out there too if you search... I'd be inclined to run them in a virtual machine for safety though!