HOW Heavy????

and its comes in at 35 kgs :o :o

add 30kg for the 8273 and then something for rope and hook and it adds up to about 70 kilos up front. Guessing thats about 60 more than standard set up!. Out of interest how does the wieght of my (over engineered?) bumper compared to marketed versions out there. No idea if its really that heavy (certainly feels that way!)

Pics next time I take the camera down the shed

No idea what a marketed one weighs but I do know I nearly popped a pod

when I took my home made one off with the winch still attached. I'd guess

similar to yours though.

Got my mate round when it came to refitting.

add 30kg for the 8273 and then something for rope and hook and it adds up to about 70 kilos up front.

Sorry to add to your weight, but a bare 8274 without motor, wire and fairlead weighs just over 35kg. The kind people at the BA check-in desk weighed it for me. ;)

Cheers

Steve

Sorry to add to your weight, but a bare 8274 without motor, wire and fairlead weighs just over 35kg. The kind people at the BA check-in desk weighed it for me. ;)

Cheers

Steve

No idea how accurate the scales were, but the h14, inc wire rope (174ft, 10mm), and bumper came in at 110kgs! Moose and myself could barely lift the thing - puit it on with an engine crane in the end! Hence why in the superwinch manual they say you have to fit the HD springs at the front! :rolleyes:

Cheers

Steve

Hi mark I got this from the web so that I knew what mine weighed, should be similar to yours. BTW have you posted any recent pics as the last I saw you had

just parked in ya field with large boots :blink:

M8274-50 SPECS/PART NUMBERS

Part Numbers: PN 38631 CE (12V DC) , PN 375832 CE (24V DC)

Rated Line Pull: 8000 lbs. (3630 kgs.) single-line

Motor: 12V 4.6 hp/3.43kw, 24V 2.5 hp/3.43kw, Series WoundTM

Remote Control: Remote switch, 12' (3.7m) lead

Geartrain: Spur Gear

Gear Ratio: 134:1

Lubrication: 6 oz. SAE 30 (non-detergent)

Clutch (freespooling): Sliding Motor Pinion Gear

Brake: Automatic, disc type

Drum Diameter/Length: 3.5"/8.5" (9cm/22cm)

Weight: 110 lbs. (50 kgs.)

Wire Rope: 150', 5/16" diameter (46m, 8mm diam.)

Fairlead: Roller

Recommended Battery: 650 CCA for winching

Battery Leads: 2 gauge, 72" (1.83m)

Finish: Argent Gray Powder Coat with Clear Coat

Nuts: PN 7616, L/W: PN 2146

Bolts: PN 7165

I'll have to weigh the winch again. Maybe the bathroom scales were not accurate (I hope not or I am even more of a Lardy than I thought!). Pics? Nah Its such a mess in there at the mo with the dash out and front inner wings cut about. Maybe later. There are some newer ones on difflock if you're interested (but you may have seen them already).

M

Just ordered an off the shelf bumper for the MM and the bumper is 30kgs.

You need to be carefull with H14 winches as when the vehicle is loaded and you have a full compliment of bodies in a defender you can quite easily be over the front axle weight!!! We know this from experiance at work. lol