The FlyingSpanners Ladoga '07 Blog Thread

B)-->

QUOTE(steve b @ Jun 16 2007, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
got to I think..got plenty of time to learn some Russian & earn some money ...11 months to go B)

cheers

Steveb

If you're serious about trying to learn Russian start early - it's a nightmare! Although helpfully somethings like Whisky & Vodka (unsurpisingly) are just the same as English but said with a Russian accent... :lol:

coszuki has tried but has browser issues with firefox and the ftp thingy not öetting me drag and drop pictures? any help is appreciated! or do i have to shunt them all onto a windoze pc and do it?

You need the descriptively named Fetch if you haven't already got it.

On Windows you can type the address straight into an open folder's address bar (login@ftp.whatever) and it works, or add it as a network place, or for something that works in the background and doesn't take ages you can use FileZilla (dunno if there's a Mac one?)

If you're serious about trying to learn Russian start early - it's a nightmare! Although helpfully somethings like Whisky & Vodka (unsurpisingly) are just the same as English but said with a Russian accent... :lol:

Hi Jos does that mean you have some experience of russian lingo then? how/ when did you do it if so ?.......theres lots to do really if I am going to do this , not just with my LR either but going to try to :) finance and the right crew will help a lot :D .........same as everyone i guess. Some lovely pic's there Jez. I can see what you mean about the flat terrain being good for you portal boys too. Theres a future in these serene Russian greenlane events :lol:

Steveb

random stuff until the Mac/internet explorer thing is sorted :lol:

post-133-1182025924_thumb.jpg

Dan proving he hasnt got 6 fingers..... (well on that hand anyway)

post-133-1182026132_thumb.jpg

James up to no good as usual

post-133-1182026317_thumb.jpg

Finnish rush hour (on the way to the border)

post-133-1182026448_thumb.jpg

Last of the decent toilets... Harry Potters safari Lappy, Petal, Dans Rangie and Leo and Benny Mitsub

post-133-1182026645_thumb.jpg

Dan chilling in no-mans land between Finland and Russia out while we wait for the ATV sqaud

post-133-1182026806_thumb.jpg

Kim doing his sleep anywhere routine

post-133-1182026944_thumb.jpg

24 hours of driving and the Fridge still has the co-ordination to pick his nose in downtown St Pete

Oi Goodwin, why are you not uploading these to the website eh? <_<

And where is CosZuki hiding - that FTP proggy has a little animated running doggie when you do it right so maybe it was too technical for him? :unsure:

And a plea on behalf of all Russian women:

post-21-1182032350_thumb.jpg

ok its doing its thing but at 3minutes a pic this could take some time!! so heres some i have resized to put on here, in no particular order

Someone needs to check how watertight there airbox is, it was not visible zorst gasses when it went in

post-2697-1182050964_thumb.jpg

How to drive Ladoga, engage fag, arm out window, disable brain listen to the little man

post-2697-1182051120_thumb.jpg

I aint sure whats happening here, maybe vince can help

post-2697-1182051516_thumb.jpg

yep - tourist class is largely standard(ish) cars, with winches, tyres are plus 1" in any/all directions, decent nav stuff, snorkals are a good move, at least one locker almost essential, its still gonna be hard work but it doesnt have the same compulsory lunacy of sport classes. Its the most social class and you'll make a lot of new friends doing it.

heres a couple fo Bill :)

Anatoly built the whole wagon himself, wheels, chassis, body, axles, portals - he's a superhero :)

post-133-1182096001_thumb.jpg

post-133-1182095914_thumb.jpg

post-133-1182095855_thumb.jpg

post-133-1182096049_thumb.jpg

not the fastest but always smiling, he was the last to do the beach race at 1am but we had to stay and cheer him on, he made it even though he was running on 3 cylinders at the time - driving god :)

heres a couple fo Bill :)

Anatoly built the whole wagon himself, wheels, chassis, body, axles, portals - he's a superhero :)

post-133-1182096001_thumb.jpg

post-133-1182095914_thumb.jpg

post-133-1182095855_thumb.jpg

post-133-1182096049_thumb.jpg

not the fastest but always smiling, he was the last to do the beach race at 1am but we had to stay and cheer him on, he made it even though he was running on 3 cylinders at the time - driving god :)

Thanks Jez, interesting unit. Any idea what the original axles were.? swivel housigs etc?

Bill.

Anatoly said there we some bits of Uaz and Gaz in there Bill, but it was largely a collection of whatever he had kicking about his workshop at the time of build (our Russian ran into probs at this point but it seemed most of which he couldnt identify) home made halfshafts, modded CVs, bellhousing etc all done on the fly :i-m_so_happy: