winches and clicking

JST

when using remote or internal controls 'sometime' i just hear a click from the solenoid area and the winch does zilch. release and push button again and to date it works the second time. it did it once on HBRO and has steadily got worse.

solenoids or motor or wiring?

£2 says the solenoids

mine did that so I replaced the front one and sold lthe rear ones before they wore out/played up.

For info David Bowyer sells the Albrights with Larger contacts than the cheaper ones available elsewhere.

£2 says the solenoids

mine did that so I replaced the front one and sold lthe rear ones before they wore out/played up.

For info David Bowyer sells the Albrights with Larger contacts than the cheaper ones available elsewhere.

Tony are they actually bigger contacts or is that what DB told you , ?

I bought one from him and compared it with a cheaper one that I got from Mill Services and internalty they looked the same .

Now, if you was to .................... oh it doesn't matter :rolleyes:

Mmmmmmmmmmm............hydraulic :ph34r:

:)

Ian

mmmm highpress/flow ,mmmmm manual valves :P;)

solenoids , what white90 said.

Steveb

...i hope i'm never stuck with a dead engine..... :blink:

Tony are they actually bigger contacts or is that what DB told you , ?

I bought one from him and compared it with a cheaper one that I got from Mill Services and internally they looked the same .

From Albright themselves Jase

I called them and the part numbers on the units give the internal specs

the DB ones have contacts 2mm bigger according to them.

maybe he is selling the cheaper alternatives now?

For ultimate strength you could buy the Warn contactor made by Albright, IIRC its about £250 but its much larger than the standard DC88, I have no experience with it in use though

Steve Lloyde and Simon Buck are two of the people I have noticed using them

Lewis :)

Was over at David Bowyer's yesterday they said the only physical difference between a Albright & one for an EP series in the the brackets on the back the holes are in different places. also on the Albright the contact are moulded & have a Round brass nut, on the others they have a Normal Brass nut. not sure about internal contacts.

For ultimate strength you could buy the Warn contactor made by Albright, IIRC its about £250 but its much larger than the standard DC88, I have no experience with it in use though

Steve Lloyde and Simon Buck are two of the people I have noticed using them

I use them too but they're not £250 - they're more like half that. I used them for a couple of years without issues.

I use them too but they're not £250 - they're more like half that. I used them for a couple of years without issues.

Sorry Will, my mistake

Quote from Simon Buck on the Devon 4x4 Forum:

The part No for the Warn contacter is 34971

SB.

Quote from Liz Buck on the Devon 4x4 Forum:

Hi Guys

DC88 cost is £58 and the Warn contactors are £210 each

both prices include vat

Liz

Tony, because that pic is taken at quite an odd angle of the Warn contactor it looks much like a DC88, however if you were to see a plan view, or see one in the flesh you would appreciate the diffrence in size.

The Warn contactor is around twice the size of a DC88, I may have a photograph of one on my camera at home, I'll search it out for you this afternoon.