Ladoga 2007 DVDs - UPDATE !

Hybrid_From_Hell

I spoke to Alexey about it, apparently the film makers wanted to spend more time on the people taking part as opposed to just the cars, theres a lot more time dedicated to the more accessible classes (Grand Tourist, Tourist, TR1) and the community side of camp life, unfortunately that means less of the loony side - logistics plays a major part of the film, the only thing that can get into a Tr3 or Tr4 nasty zone is a helicopter or another race car.. no one wants to watch protos having a bad day enough to fund a chopper for a week :(

If you wanted a guide.....as an event, its a tough as you want it to be - if you want a relaxed time then GT or Tourist will tick the boxes, Sports classes get progressively tougher. Sitting in a proto truck Ive got a biased opinion, maybe it would be a walk in the park for a specced up challenge truck with an experienced crew (the locals found the concept or a Tr2 car running Tr3 or Tr4 deeply funny - hmm our 2005 demolition derby kinda proved that <_< ) but even with the "disabilities" of portals, big tyres, big winches, 3 years of in country experience etc etc I can tell you Tr3 and Tr4 are horrific conditions and insanely hard work.

I guess the best suggestion Alan is come and try it - you'll come back with a 1000 yard stare (and a few mozzy bites :lol: ) and a big stupid grin.

I've been out of the loop for a while. Want to pay, but neither the PM or this thread seems to mention a price...

And I can't find the old 'sign me up' thread.

So, how much for one DVD and postage?

Rich

PS. yes, I tried search. Did not show for 'Lagoda' and 'DVD' resulted in no matches at all !!

EDITED: OK, found it in classified section. £11 pounds each including P+P.

Hope Jez doesnt mind me asking since my russian ant that hot,

See in the Dvd where the silver landy looking truck is stuck in the bog & the nav is whistling at the driver to winch in or out is that when the dude you saved took ill? what happened to him?

See in the Dvd where the silver landy looking truck is stuck in the bog & the nav is whistling at the driver to winch in or out is that when the dude you saved took ill? what happened to him?

the Silver Landy is Team Moonbuggy, Priit drives it with Indrik doing the running. Priits a hell of a driver, he big strong and ugly but as yet he's not carbon monoxide resistant. deep water, sealed cab, exhaust exiting in a normal place and swamp acting as a filter to remove that nasty exhausty smell.... if I ever see the moonbuggy with its windows fitted again Im going to chainsaw them into pieces.......... I 'kin sh*t myself that day.

the Silver Landy is Team Moonbuggy, Priit drives it with Indrik doing the running. Priits a hell of a driver, he big strong and ugly but as yet he's not carbon monoxide resistant. deep water, sealed cab, exhaust exiting in a normal place and swamp acting as a filter to remove that nasty exhausty smell.... if I ever see the moonbuggy with its windows fitted again Im going to chainsaw them into pieces.......... I 'kin sh*t myself that day.

ahhhhh makes bit more sense now :)

never thought id see those 2 words in the same text- landy & sealed cab

Update on DVD Deliveries

Have noted many PMs from members advising of postal addresses, payment, and thanks.

Have a few that I need to finalise, can you please respond to me, even if you think you may have already, as I have no record of the position to move your order to posting to you !

Section 2. Paid for - Awaiting dispatch :

Russ - I NEED YER ADDRESS !!!!! :lol:

Section 3. Awaiting Payment

BobTail (newish order) - Haven't heard re payment - can you PM me with what the position is ?

Andyb - Haven't heard re payment - can you PM me with what the position is ?

WaveyDave - Haven't heard re payment - can you PM me with what the position is ?

DirtySouthUK (New Order) - Haven't heard re payment - can you PM me with what the position is ?

Fillippe Santo - - Haven't heard re payment - can you PM me with what the position is ?

I will PM all those above just to make sure !!

Nige

Lasted Updated 6.15am 12th Nov

Other than the above thats about it, ....

...if anyone wants one, or any extra(s) then squeak now ...and quickly,

.....when their gone .....................................................................their gone !!!

RightyHoo then :)

Thats all done and dusted.

This thread will now disappear off the board downwards,...............

but before it does.............. for those who haven't seen it ...............

you might like to read this :

LR4x4.com Forum Funding Announcement :)

Thanks all involved - in whatever way

Nige