Mach 5 alloys 50% off

wow300

Mach 5's are about to go down in price by 50%

Word has it that they never got round to getting the BSI standards safety kite mark... which means that now they are not road legal and invalidate insurance if you use them on the road,

Anyone else know anything about this ?

Mach 5's are about to go down in price by 50%

Word has it that they never got round to getting the BSI standards safety kite mark... which means that now they are not road legal and invalidate insurance if you use them on the road,

Anyone else know anything about this ?

were did you here that?

I have a set of Modulars , They aint got no kite mark . And as for the Mach 5`s I dont think they will have any issues with safety , They are stronger than any other wheel I have owned .

And to suggest that they will be reduced by 50% is not exactly acurate , I cant see D44 selling them off cheap , They have had enough problems in the past getting hold of them ,so I cant see them selling them off any cheaper.

Guest diesel_jim
they should be illegal to sell then in the UK

Surely not illegal to sell, but illegal to use on the public highway? you could use them on private sites, like my own personal salisbury plain :D:D

to be fair though 98% of vehicles on this forum aren't road legal anyway so having dodgy wheels isn't going to make a lot of difference!

:hysterical:

It would be more like it illegal to use them and they can still sell them.

Same ------- diffrant S*** :ph34r:

I cant see D44 selling them off cheap , They have had enough problems in the past getting hold of them ,so I cant see them selling them off any cheaper.

I think it's getting a bit confused here, I assume we are talking about the 'Mach 5' look alikes not Mach 5 steels that Devon 4x4 now source and sell. As far as I know Devon 4x4 don't sell these alloys.

When these alloys were introduced they made a big thing about them being German TUV approved. If that's still the case they are more than capable of meeting any European requirements.

Cheers

Steve

I dispute that figure.

Chris

Well for starters discolating surpension is illegal on the roads in the UK

So that makes most of our trucks illegal :)

And belive me if you got in an accident and the police look at our trucks they would have a bloody feild day .

I was told by a copper who does inspections after acceidents that he can find illegal stuff on a 6 month old focus . :o

discolating surpension is illegal on the roads in the UK

Where does it say that Ali? I have heard it before but never spoken to anyone who could point me at chapter and verse in the C+U regs. Genuinely interested to know.

Either way, I was disputing the figure, not that some peoples Landrovers are illegal to use on UK roads.

Chris

Where does it say that Ali? I have heard it before but never spoken to anyone who could point me at chapter and verse in the C+U regs. Genuinely interested to know.

Either way, I was disputing the figure, not that some peoples Landrovers are illegal to use on UK roads.

Chris

When i was going to import my challenge truck into Aus i found out that the Surpension can't not dislocate on a raod car/truck

Was surprised at this untill somone pointed out that there was the same law in the uk, which was news to me as i had dislocation cones on m truck and had , had them for years. I did have the verse and chapter but was nearly 3 years ago now . I will look for it and get back to you

It is in the rules and regs for SVA test , new car tests

Chris

98% of all statistic’s are made up on the spot :lol: I've heard it from more than one sorce but can't be bothered to look it up.

And our fav retailer is a very big seller of them well was pushing them at all the shows this year

Maybe I'm missing something here, but surely all dislocations do is make sure the spring relocates after it has been unseated. They don't actually make the spring dislocate or even increase the chance of it doing so. I realise that dislocation cones are often fitted in conjunction with other suspension mods, but I think you can dislocate standard Land Rover suspension anyway if you try hard enough? Does this mean all older Land Rovers are illegal?

Maybe I'm missing something here, but surely all dislocations do is make sure the spring relocates after it has been unseated. They don't actually make the spring dislocate or even increase the chance of it doing so. I realise that dislocation cones are often fitted in conjunction with other suspension mods, but I think you can dislocate standard Land Rover suspension anyway if you try hard enough? Does this mean all older Land Rovers are illegal?

off topic but

go and find a completely stock LR in any show room and show me how you can make the spring come out of there restraining seat.

you will not find any coil sprung lr that from the factory that a spring can leave its seat on the chassie or axle.

I have not seen it witen down in law I just notice that if articulation is so important why LR have never jumped on that band wagon.

they only come out when poeple start to play about with the shocks etc. etc.