Why are we putting up with fuel prices

jules

Cor - wouldn't it be great if we could make this THE definitive UK is carp but Oz / anywhere else is wonderful thread! We could make this THE thread to link to when someone inevitably brings up the subject again in future.

Me? The weather gets me down sometimes, you know one day it's wet, next day it's dry, then it's cold, then it's warm, then it's neither but sort of in the middle. Struth, it doesn't even snow at Christmas anymore yet all the adverts on telly show it as snowing during the festive season - weird.

Then there's this new bird flu outbreak - scary. Am I going to be able to get a turkey for Christmas dinner this year?

It's a lot to think about.

Then we're all so called subjects of Mrs Windsor. Does it really mean if I don't stand up when they play God Save The Queen I'll get thrown in the Tower? It's all a worry, no wonder I'm going grey.

Am I going to be able to get a turkey for Christmas dinner this year?

Mog,

I am sure you could bag a couple of pheasants ;) .................... or maybe a Canada Goose as they are on the Pest control list this year............. :rolleyes:

Mind you ......... the pheasants are going into hiding a bit smartish at this time of the year :lol:

:)

Ian

Cor - wouldn't it be great if we could make this THE definitive UK is carp but Oz / anywhere else is wonderful thread! We could make this THE thread to link to when someone inevitably brings up the subject again in future.

Me? The weather gets me down sometimes, you know one day it's wet, next day it's dry, then it's cold, then it's warm, then it's neither but sort of in the middle. Struth, it doesn't even snow at Christmas anymore yet all the adverts on telly show it as snowing during the festive season - weird.

Then there's this new bird flu outbreak - scary. Am I going to be able to get a turkey for Christmas dinner this year?

It's a lot to think about.

Then we're all so called subjects of Mrs Windsor. Does it really mean if I don't stand up when they play God Save The Queen I'll get thrown in the Tower? It's all a worry, no wonder I'm going grey.

Don't get me wrong I'm proud to be English

my industry is not the nicest side of britain and I would like to take a easy option out.

to a sunny place where I get paid much more

i think that these guy's are going to have another go at a blockade http://www.transaction-2007.com/phpBB2/index.php

In all honesty i hope they do as im struggling to run my disco as i travel a 50 mile round trip to work in it for 5 dyas a week.........and if it keeps rising i may have to consider getting shot and buying a euro box of a car (im washing my mouth out as we speak).

If I staged a 20mph go slow on the M3 in the morning I'd end up driving into the stationary car in front :blink:

Oil is costed in Dollars right? the £ against the $ is super strong so the crude should be cheaper ??

And so petrol/diesel should actually be cheaper.

Lets organise a massive strike.

we all have a week off,hold the government to ransome, burn the sweaty at the stake, and then Move to Poland where fuel is cheap,so are the wome..... and its pretty empty at the mo.

In America earlier this year they were apologising for $3 per gallon hiw amused I was

over 1000 miles in 8days in a V6 Mustang cost $82

Yeah, v8bertha who is over here was saying they almost felt like driving around for no other reason than to fill back up on the cheap diesel.

Throw the tea in the harbor!

well we are off there again early next year and look forward to hiring something with a FFiinn Huuuuggee engine :)

Mustang convertible last time proved somewhat useless as we could only get one case in the boot the others ended up on the seats:)

fancy something different again, Hertz have Shelby Mustangs available apparently

Oil is costed in Dollars right? the £ against the $ is super strong so the crude should be cheaper ??

And so petrol/diesel should actually be cheaper.

Lets organise a massive strike.

we all have a week off,hold the government to ransome, burn the sweaty at the stake, and then Move to Poland where fuel is cheap,so are the wome..... and its pretty empty at the mo.

The Aussies are maoning alot because they produce more than enough oil for the country and export oil and don't import it.

SO their question is whyare Aussie prices at the pump are effected by the us price of oil

The Aussies are maoning alot because they produce more than enough oil for the country and export oil and don't import it.

SO their question is whyare Aussie prices at the pump are effected by the us price of oil

Because the Aussie sellers have a choice, sell oil on the home market for $80 per barrel or to the US for $100. They do the latter, so the home market has to pay the higher price to get any oil at all.

the Grass is never greener

when we were there a box of after eights cost £12 :huh:

and there bangers with a full engish are carp :lol:

and they don't under stand Kechup even when its written on the front of the bottle :lol:

don't even get me started on that liptons crappy tea

:lol::lol:

What does that matter to you , they do your Twinnings earl Grey and that all you drink anyway you tart :D:D

Agree Jules

funny really that we pay A$1.10 a ltr here for fuel. So the same as you but in aussie dollars

That makes it 45 pence ltr

I mean you filled up my 300 TDi disco for about £30, when you were her

And believe it or not that moan like sh*t about that here . Saying if it goes up at all then people will not afford to go to work . And they say us poms whinge

Your Queensland Government must tax fuel at a lower rate than down here in Vic. I paid $1.26 litre on Tuesday, the cheapest day of the week.I haven't seen fuel at $1.10 for over 2 years. I have actually paid up to $1.46 earlier this year.Ther's talk of it going to $1.50 before Christmas.

You may have an exceptionally well paid job Ali if it's all beer and skittles for you,and good luck to you if that is the case, but there are more than a few of us in OZ

who struggle to make ends meet. My take home wage is around $2950 per month, We own all our furniture and appliances that we purchased second hand and cheap from Op shops. We never buy anything new on hire purchase, what with house rental, electric, gas, water rates, internet, telephone,childrens schooling, food and petrol expenses we can't afford modern cars, latest plasma screen TV sets etc etc. When I was preparing the application to bring my wife and daughter over from Vietnam The Aus immigration Dept guide book stated that the average cost of living for a family of 3 was something like $950 per week. In most cases that means both spouses must work to survive. If I didn't do the occasional backyarder to supplement my income we'd have been in the poor house long ago.

Bill.

Your Queensland Government must tax fuel at a lower rate than down here in Vic. I paid $1.26 litre on Tuesday, the cheapest day of the week.I haven't seen fuel at $1.10 for over 2 years. I have actually paid up to $1.46 earlier this year.Ther's talk of it going to $1.50 before Christmas.

You may have an exceptionally well paid job Ali if it's all beer and skittles for you,and good luck to you if that is the case, but there are more than a few of us in OZ

who struggle to make ends meet. My take home wage is around $2950 per month, We own all our furniture and appliances that we purchased second hand and cheap from Op shops. We never buy anything new on hire purchase, what with house rental, electric, gas, water rates, internet, telephone,childrens schooling, food and petrol expenses we can't afford modern cars, latest plasma screen TV sets etc etc. When I was preparing the application to bring my wife and daughter over from Vietnam The Aus immigration Dept guide book stated that the average cost of living for a family of 3 was something like $950 per week. In most cases that means both spouses must work to survive. If I didn't do the occasional backyarder to supplement my income we'd have been in the poor house long ago.

Bill.

Bill

Fuel in Queensland is cheaper than down there in Vic. Found that alot when i went round Aus.

Also houses are alot cheaper in Queensland than in Vic too which helps alround. Now you know why Alot of your fellow Victorians are moving to Queensland. As we joke in Queensland, your number plates have the word Queensland misses of the end. Should read. Victoria , on the move to Queensland :):)

Bill

Fuel in Queensland is cheaper than down there in Vic. Found that alot when i went round Aus.

Also houses are alot cheaper in Queensland than in Vic too which helps alround. Now you know why Alot of your fellow Victorians are moving to Queensland. As we joke in Queensland, your number plates have the word Queensland misses of the end. Should read. Victoria , on the move to Queensland :):)

Been there, done that, in the 1970's for 5 years. No thanks.It was a bloody police state then, and aside from that the heat and humidity morphs the brain. It is a well known joke in southern states that no noted academics ever came from Queensland. :)

Bill.

there are more than a few of us in OZ

who struggle to make ends meet.

I like the way this thread is turning out; no place is perfect. From my little experience of being abroad (and currently I am abroad), that is a conclusion I drew long ago.

Still, geoff beaumant (and others) have shown there are solutions to this problem, and currently I am getting organized to do the same.

daan

The problem with Fuel prices is basic econmics

It is not a luxury .

What i mean by this is if Fags go up by 5 pence you either lump it or give up. Or if your faverote beer or wine goes up , you don't drink so much or lump it

But if fuel goes up there is bugger all you can do in the short term. You have to have fuel , and no one stock piles fuel . If you here that fags are going up tomorrow by 5pence then you would got and buy 400 , but you would not do the same with fuel. And the goverment Know this and work on this fact

And all these stop buying fuel on a day is stupid and carp. You will all buy twice the amout the next day so who is losing out, no one . No one buys fuel and does not use it . So you will all buy the fuel the day before or the day after . So where is the protest with that then :)