Half Way to my driving licence!!!

landroversforever

Well, once round the block, turn left (without killing anyone), turn right (without killing anyone), reverse round a corner without killing anyone, start off on an upslope (again without killing anyone), then back to the test centre to change your psychological underwear. I was taught to drive by a Police driving instuctor (which is why they never manage to catch me :hysterical: )

Les :)

I've got theory test next monday :unsure:

Done a few practice tests (no revision), usually 48-50/50 for the theory and 60-65/75 on hazard perception.

Problem I was having initially with the hazard perception test was clicking too early and not scoring anything, so now I have to just respond slower and get a better score :blink:

I been driving almost every day since nov 19th so alot of practise, book my test then polish up :)

theory is a piece of tiddle...other part is annoying because of the quality of the videos, and it not being a completly yes/no responding. better idea for ease of test would be taking through a video clip with an examiner...pointing out all the hazards etc

Good luck Mark90! its not so bad, doing it in swindon by any chance? building is dificult to spot :angry: only sign was a teeny tiny one in the window

Done a few practice tests (no revision), usually 48-50/50 for the theory and 60-65/75 on hazard perception.

Problem I was having initially with the hazard perception test was clicking too early and not scoring anything, so now I have to just respond slower and get a better score :blink:

but you drive now, so why the theory test ??? I'm confused :blink:

I had the same issue when I did mine Mark. Jenny and I did ours together, I got full marks on the theory bit but managed to bodge the hazzard perception (the one with 2 hazzards) by clicking too much and getting 'nil points' on it. I was seeing the hazzard before it was deemed to be one and clicking outside of the 'points window'. I passed over-all though, as did SWMBO. The first couple they ever had to get identical scores. :)

We went on to do the practical course together (3.5 days, CBT then road practise) and then the test. Her first and then me. She managed to drop the bike on the emergency stop so failed. :( I passed with no faults, though I do not know how! I think the tester must have left his white stick at home! :) Jenny passed three weeks later.

The thing with driving tests is all about feeling confident that you have learned a series of simple sequences. I.E. Turning right; mirror, signal, mirror, life-saver, move to middle of road, mirror, life saver, manouver, CANCEL INDICATOR! If you lack the belief that you can remember the sequence you will panic and mess up (Jenny's problem I think).

Knowing you Mark, I have no doubt you will pass, good luck. :)

Chris

We've just had to do three safe driving computer training things at work <_< I agree the hazard perception thing is rubbish, one of them you were supposed to click on the sky because it was overcast, this was apparently a hazard even though all the other pictures were the same and it wasn't a hazard in those :angry:

I was tempted to go through and fail it just to get the free driving course they give you, see if I could scare the examiner again :lol:

Guest diesel_jim
We've just had to do three safe driving computer training things at work <_< I agree the hazard perception thing is rubbish, one of them you were supposed to click on the sky because it was overcast, this was apparently a hazard even though all the other pictures were the same and it wasn't a hazard in those :angry:

And what if you'd been drivng throug the (dark) night.... an overcast sky would be positively useful!