LRW show

If it wasn't wet underfoot it wouldn't be the same. I have often raced at Eastnor (on my MTB) in 24 hour races a few weekends afterwards. What MTBs call Land Rover hill (i believe it is also known as Gearbox hill) wouldn't be the same without being ripped up by Mud Terrains. Will be my first time there with 4 wheels.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be there on the SLRC stand. It's my first season going to the shows - my first was Gaydon. It will be nice going to Eastnor as I worked in Worcestershire for 10 years and loved the area. It also means I shouldn't get lost getting there...in theory :ph34r:

It's a nice, friendly, fun show - particularly the Shire Club! However, it's useless from a commercial point of view - and the organisation is dreadful (from a Traders perspective), so we won't be there under the guise of X-Eng.

Can't go this year as it's Sarah's 40th birthday party on the Saturday.

Might go next year under-cover though!

Si

Si,

When you say its no good from a commercial point of view. Is it worth me going to just get some "stuff"?? I managed to get all sorts of bits & bobs from Billing last year, & I feel like inflicting a bit of damage to the old credit card......if its worth me going to LRW, then I can get to the Pyrenees on the Friday of Billing instead of Monday after??

Just need a couple of toys & gadgets, and its nice having everything in one place.

Martin

• 2 weeks later...
Can't go this year as it's Sarah's 40th birthday party on the Saturday.

Might go next year under-cover though!

Si

I'm only there on the Saterday because I've got to do the family thing on the Sunday as my sister is emirgarting to the USA the week after.

my sister is emirgarting to the USA the week after.

Are your siblings telling you something Jules? :P

Godlykepower, I am sure that the traders at Eastnor will be keen to welcome you with open arms - and cash tills! IMHO Billing is better from the point of view of finding a greater number of traders. IMHO there is a lot more to see generally at Billing.

Chris

Hmmm....I enjoyed Billing last year, lots to see & do. I had only owned my first LR for a month, so felt like a kid in a toyshop.

Dont particularly NEED anything this year, its just an excuse to go away for a weekend & spend some money on gadgets. I only really need a silver mod & BFG for my spare wheel. Im sure I can pick that up there??

I will be able to have a few extra days in the Pyrenees if I get the shopping for gadgets out of the way quickly.

i will be in eastnor this week with work i will post how mudy it is

as to getting lost its easy to find j7 of the m5 follow signs to malvern over the hills as you drop down turn left at the sing

ooooohhhhhhh and the malverns look very tempting to play on but its not woth the fine if you get caught

and they may try to empound your truck (not that i would ever do somthing to find that out you understand)

I've been to the show the last two years marshalling for LRE and with the Shires. It's a good show, great club atmosphere in the club and camping areas. The Shires throw a good party, especially combined with Camel Trophy and NTMK. The commercail bit is quite small and would not fill two days if I wasn't marshalling.

The off road courses are great, did the extreme in by 200tdi and the intermediate in my standard Td5 :) Although I think D-Lander Rich cleared the extreme course in 16 minutes last year having paid £25 for the one run round :lol:

Unfortunately Muddybottom seven sisters is the weekend afterwards, so I can't spare the time this year :(