Is he having a laugh

Guest WALFY

He places the age at 1959 so it must be a S2 underneath all that, with a coil spring conversion, some updated body work and interior and later replacement running gear. However, he spoils it by calling it a Defender which it cannot be if it is 1959.

Fisherman's knife springs to mind though.

it's only a 200Tdi 90 on private plates the WV reg letters correspond to a Swindon Wiltshire reg. reckon it should have a idenity check by VOSA, cos no way is it a 1959 vehicle.

DVLA Check says

VEHICLE ENQUIRY Services Provided By DVLA:

The enquiry is complete

The vehicle details for SWV 366 are:

Date of Liability 01 04 2009

Date of First Registration 14 01 1959

Year of Manufacture Not Available

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 2250CC

CO2 Emissions Not Available

Fuel Type Heavy Oil

Export Marker Not Applicable

Vehicle Status Licence Not Due

Vehicle Colour RED

Vehicle Type Approval null

The information contained on this page is correct at the time of enquiry.

Guest WALFY
it's only a 200Tdi 90 on private plates the WV reg letters correspond to a Swindon Wiltshire reg. reckon it should have a idenity check by VOSA, cos no way is it a 1959 vehicle.

DVLA Check says

VEHICLE ENQUIRY Services Provided By DVLA:

The enquiry is complete

The vehicle details for SWV 366 are:

Date of Liability 01 04 2009

Date of First Registration 14 01 1959

Year of Manufacture Not Available

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 2250CC

CO2 Emissions Not Available

Fuel Type Heavy Oil

Export Marker Not Applicable

Vehicle Status Licence Not Due

Vehicle Colour RED

Vehicle Type Approval null

The information contained on this page is correct at the time of enquiry.

Yes I understand that Ralph. 200TDI with private plate but he's claiming tax exemption as it was first registered in 1959 :o:o . Quite clearly it wasn't. Or the chassis has had a few mods, therefore needs to be inspected by someone

Yes I understand that Ralph. 200TDI with private plate but he's claiming tax exemption as it was first registered in 1959 :o:o . Quite clearly it wasn't. Or the chassis has had a few mods, therefore needs to be inspected by someone

& DVLA show it as a 1959 vehicle too, so they can't be to bothered.

if it's modified Series chassis then surely it must need a SVA :blink:

your idea --- you go first :ph34r: I'll wait outside in the get away 90 [your new one] :rofl:

Just sent him -----

Hi

seen that this 90 is Reg.Date:14 Jan 1959

how come ?

as it looks like a Standard 200Tdi Defender to me or is it really a modified Series 3 that has a 200Tdi & full Defender panels/trim ?

Regards

Ralph

Guest WALFY

If you could prise the keys from the fingers of The Long Haired General you're a better man than me. My get away would be on a push bike. There are no rules on modifying that yet.

My get away would be on a push bike. There are no rules on modifying that yet.

I have to correct you there: [French law although I think the UK is stricter]

I got a whopping €11 fine [equal to the standard parking fine in France] for adding a 4hp motor to a bicycle; it would have been alright, save that the mudguards I got from a bike shop didn't have nyloc holding them in place, while the motorisation caused a few vibrations; the front mudguard then hooked underneath the front wheel, I went flying briefly, luckily wearing a helmet, straightened the tooth myself, the gendarmes told me it was a good idea, just not legal [needs type approval] :blink:

well it was more feasible in France as kids of 16 are allowed to ride cyclomoteurs, up to 50cc, no plates etc - in fact I got the kit [not the mudguards, they were from a French bike shop] from the States, I think they're allowed to ride such contraptions on the pavements unless local city regulations prohibit it, no type approval EuroNcap crash test stuff there, in the league of petrol-powered pavement scooters yeehah!

:unsure:

Saw that ad on one of the other forums.

Quite simple really - take a Defender, make some plates up and swop them over.

Job done. The only bit from the SII is the reg and VIN plate if they could be bothered to swop that as well.

If they were private plates the DVLA computer would know the date the vehicle was made, not the date the private plates came into existence. I've just run Nige's 90 through the enquiry and it shows correctly as a 1985 90 not whatever the number plate was from.

Looks like an SVA nightmare at best, a ringer at worst. Dodgy!