Anti Theft tax disc holders ?

As it says ...

I big powerwash later my soggy as hell tax disc is yet again in the airing cupboard looking sorrier than ever,.

I have seen these "Anti Theft" single use type disc holder (not a bad idea in itself either :) )but can't find one on e-bay ?

Any ideas where from ?

Getting bored drying it out / having it fall off windscreen / removing mud from it / picking it up out of gloop :lol:

Nige

I use those red ones that you put the disc in and then the two halves stick together. The thing then sticks to the inside of the screen and the only way you get it back off again is with a blade/vehicle fire/remove the windscreen. They are only 50 pee, so you won't shed many tears having to shell out that amount Nige :)

Les.

Stick a photocopy in the window and keep the original in your wallet. The motorbikes and MX5 do not have one in at all - plod can check online if he wants to... though I did get a warning notice the other day, not that they plan to do anything about it other than report me to DVLA.

Chris

Guest diesel_jim
MX5 do not have one in at all........

......... - though I did get a warning notice the other day, not that they plan to do anything about it other than report me to DVLA.

Chris

For owning an MX5 i'd send you straight to jail! :lol::lol:

There is a statutory charge for not displaying your tax disk which I think is £60...

Not sure why Plod would not follow that up Chris!

Neil

Because its one of those offences that is difficult to prove and it is also now considered as a DVLA issue.................the mitigation available to even the average user would mean that it would get ejected from the court and I guess the CPS would not pursue it for those very reasons.............. "it must have fallen off, I didn't notice" ..............." I cleaned the window and it was there yesterday" ......... type stuff.

Equally, I dont have a front number plate ..................... I carry it in the cab behind the seats ...................even though I have been pulled into 'road side checks' the front plate has never even been questioned....................Whilst fueling in Tesco some months ago a Traffic cop was 'admiring the truck'.......... I casually mentioned the front plate to which he replied, "you are not exactly trying to be inconspicuous and as long as your rear plate is visible thats OK.......

:)

Ian

There is a statutory charge for not displaying your tax disk which I think is £60...

Not sure why Plod would not follow that up Chris!

Neil

I know that one can get done for failure to display Neil, but Inasked the copper if he was going to me for it and he said "we don't bother these days", or something similar. He did detain me while he wrote me a parking ticket*. :(

*Which I maintain was illegal though I had to pay rather than fight under duress of time :(

Chris