SLRC Seven Sisters September Spectacular

Ryan

Okay folks, it's that time of year again - time to book up for the Shire Land Rover Club September spectacular at Seven Sisters in Wales. You haven't experienced Seven Sisters properly unless it's wet and windy!

Many of you have probably been there before, but the nearest town is Abercave and the site is situated at the southern edge of the Brecons National Park.

The site is 1600+ acres of mud, water, rock, trees, huge hills, and big bogs. There will be an informal punch challenge, though last year there were some nasty ones:

gallery_92_366_81966.jpg

Any MOT'd and insured vehicle is welcome. Front and rear recovery points are compulsory , with off-road tyres being recommended. All current Shire LRC rules and regs will be enforced. Families are welcome, but bear in mind the minimal facilities on site (portaloo). Sorry, no spectators.

There are no on-site facilities apart from basic loos. DO NOT DRINK ANY OF THE WATER RUNNING THROUGH THE SITE. The site will be locked out of hours and there will be no camping within the Seven Sisters site itself.

Camping will be at the nearby (about 10 mins away) Dan-Yr-Ogof Show Caves campsite, with arrival from Friday afternoon onwards. The campsite has excellent showers, toilets and washing facilities. Sunday night camping is available for a small extra charge.

Okay, now to the important stuff - how much is it going to cost?

Well, what with increasing fuel and taxation, we decided to try and help people out a little bit - it's not much, but it's better than nothing!

If you book up before 1st September, the cost will be £90 for the weekend. After 1st September, it will be the usual price of £100. These prices include camping on Friday and Saturday night, and entry to the site on Saturday and Sunday for one vehicle, the driver and one passenger. Extra persons £25 per head (Includes site entry & Friday & Saturday nights

camping). Extra children (Under 12 years old) £6 per head. To stay over Sunday night camping add £10 per person / £3 per child.

Pre-booking only, no turning up at the gate on the day.

£30 deposit or full payment, made payable to "Shire Land Rover Club" - deposits non-returnable if you do not turn up.

You must be a SLRC member to take part, but you can join and book at the same time for an extra £10.

For further info and pictures from past events, go to the SLRC seven sisters website. Booking forms are available from a link at the top of that web page or here (PDF form).

Any questions, please e-mail enquiries(at)shirelrc.com

Guest WALFY

No just a small field that gets very soggy when it rains :o . But it's well worth it to go to the site. Just been there with J33P club. Brill week lots of water, great if you have a diesel ;) , not so good for the V8 boys :( .

I noticed that Craig-y-Nos Castle where everyone stayed the time I went to 7S have put the prices up loads. The Nurses dorm rooms that everyone used with no en-suite are more expensive than the en-suite room I had at the hotel in Abercrave. Shame really as the castle seemed a pretty good place to stay.

Ben

• 1 month later...

I don't know about West Sussex, but your route may well meet with others once you hit the A34/M4. There's a bit of convoy chat on the ShireLRC forum. I still don't know if I'm out of the country, going in the Freebie as a spectator, or bringing the 109 :rolleyes:

I still don't know if I'm out of the country, going in the Freebie as a spectator, or bringing the 109 :rolleyes:

Soooo many choices :blink:

You sound like a girl with a large handbag and shoe collection ;)

ok ok hat on and running........ :lol:

Take the Freebie, then you can prove you status as a driving god? :ph34r:

I have removed the rear prop now to prevent me from being tempted to off-road the freebie, it's supposed to be my sensible daily driver :ph34r:

It'll come down to if I have the time & money to get the 109 back to fighting fitness, it's been very neglected this year and had quite a hard time!

IS THERE ANY MARSHALLS NEEDED? IM LOCAL TO THE SITE AND WOULD LIKE TO COME ALONG TO MARSHALL OR TAKE A LOOK AT WHATS GOING ON

The person you will need to speak to is MikeTomcat - he is our Chief Marshall. However, I believe he only uses people he knows/recommended by people he knows etc. Spectators are not allowed.

• 3 weeks later...

For those of you coming this weekend, it looks like the weather may actually be good this year. Sunny on Friday, partly cloudy/sunny on Saturday and Sunday, and a balmy 16/17 degrees all weekend (weather forecast). :o

I look forward to seeing you all there. Be warned, I will be armed with a video camera (or two) and will be on the look out for stucks, breakages and silliness :ph34r:

Punches were definitely attempted - I have filmic evidence. Unfortunately I cannot show you any of the evidence at this time due to the fact that the new PC that will be capable of processing said evidence is currently a vapour project :ph34r: - however, as soon as this is remedied, there will be copious amounts of video, including some footage of Mr Lang's little project rock crawling. I too had problems finding people - there were about 40 trucks out there and I spent one and a half days driving around looking for people to film. In that time I think I came across two groups of trucks! I also got lost a few times, but at least I got to see bits of the site I hadn't seen before.

Thanks to everyone for coming along, and thanks to the God of Weather for providing sun all weekend...in Wales...! :o

Excellent weekend :) Even better with the superb weather, good company and some fantastic trucks to look at B)

Some pics below, next time I'll be there playing in George B) No idea what's happening with the photo sizes, so apologies.

Working hard setting up, Charlie Camels engine was in bits the morning before this photo was taken, but didn't miss a beat over the weekend:

marshals.jpg

Proof Ryan was filming:

ryanvid.jpg

And proof there were people doing punches!

punch.jpg

punch2.jpg

markrocks.jpg

Although some enjoyed the weather instead:

shrek.jpg

Miketomcat playing on the rocks:

tomcat-1.jpg

A few more of David swimming!

dave.jpg

dave1.jpg

Fishing out the Winch rope:

dave2.jpg

dave3.jpg

The Marshal vehicle the next day after the water killed the starter motor, I was disappointed not to see a punchcard:

davebmw.jpg

One last pic of the Camel:

charlie.jpg