3 years old,, (well nearly)

TJ101

Can somebody please explain to me what have brought up this sudden miss trust in the mods and the running of the site?

Exactly right. 3-years of trust by the whole website and now a militant few making things difficult.

It should be enough to say that the funds are in good shape. Having to prove it is another thing entirely, and obviously has suspicion smell to it. If anyone doesn't feel that this website's funds are correctly controlled in an honest manner, then don't donate to it. We have more than enough to do - bending over backwards is not part of it.

Les.

I still don't get it? :huh:

It's a forum, what the **** has it got do to with the members how it is funded etc? I'm a member of a fair few forums and I've never seen this subject raised before.

Not saying it does happen here, but if the people running want to make some money and dish it out between them - then what's wrong with that? They're putting all the hard work in.

If I set up a forum, I'd probably set it up with a business plan and an aim to make money in the future.

I still don't get it? :huh:

It's a forum, what the **** has it got do to with the members how it is funded etc? I'm a member of a fair few forums and I've never seen this subject raised before.

Not saying it does happen here, but if the people running want to make some money and dish it out between them - then what's wrong with that? They're putting all the hard work in.

If I set up a forum, I'd probably set it up with a business plan and an aim to make money in the future.

Because the forum is funded by the members (like myself) and as such members should be considered similarly to "shareholders" in that a brief annual breakdown on the accounts should be available if desired - as it is, kindly provided by Tony.

Don't often pop in here but this topic grabbed my interest.

I agree with the poster before me, why all the fuss about accounts ??

If you like the site and feel the need to donate then it should be treated as a thankyou for what the site provides you.

I've accepted donations on ORRP for about 7 or 8 years, nobodies questioned what happens with it in all that time.

I know from my experience it certainly isn't a money spinner.

I second Steve's opinion - what's the fuss about.

Respect goes to Tony for doing the job - not only does he take the liability if the poo does hit the fan but he has to take poo over just doing the job. He deserves better.

Oh and Walfy, much as I love you deeply, for God's sake grab this rope I am offering and stop digging the hole deeper :D

As Smo said, because it was created and is run differently to all the other forums, devoid of outside influence, by the members for the members with no one person wielding all the power. As was the case with Mr. green on the old LRE forum when nige said his magazine was carp :) and he pulled the plug on the forum. He went on to lose the Billing show too, haha, shame :D

Mo

Because the forum is funded by the members (like myself) and as such members should be considered similarly to "shareholders" in that a brief annual breakdown on the accounts should be available if desired - as it is, kindly provided by Tony.

I thought any payments made to the site were "donations" not "shares", if they are shares shouldn't all the "shareholders" be entitled to a proportion of any profits in the form of dividends?

^^

True words.

Unfortuantely some members can't actually seem to see the real damage they are causing both in terms of this forums standing and reputation as a friendly tech site and to the relationships within this group of Members Moderators and Admins. They seem to have lost their sense of right wrong and when to button it, instead being a small but highly vocal group being hell bent on arguing about just about everything they can muster this month with a attitude that defies belief and sanity

You should be ashamed of yourselves, sadly though you don't seem to have that skill any more, its all about your rights and nothing about being responsible decent and behaving in a acceptable manner. I thought more of you. To carry on in the way you have done to have done to both Les H and TC - who both now want to walk away from this forum is an absolute disgrace, and its 100% down to you - Congratulations.

Unfortunately much of the damage has already been done, god knows what on earth started you down this track but you have managed to bring the forum to its knees and an all time low with huge mistrust and bad feelings all round due to your behaviour and constant attacks on 2 of the founding members - without whom this site would probably not be here today without them.

I am sure you'll not like the tone of this Post - Tough

Maybe if you shut up long enough to think you might see the damage and distress you have caused and continue to cause

Its a very very sad day for LR4x4

ENOUGH

Nige

Exactly, the info has now been provided and I really don't know why some people's knickers are getting so twisted. Let there be an end to it - any more attempts at petty point scoring will be deleted.

Any problems then PM me.

Well said Nige. I'm getting a bit peeded of with all the carp being posted recently, not what I joined this site for. our Admin do a great job of keeping this site alive & fully independent, & the rest of us Mods can't be holding your hands everytime you think you need something [i.e. accounts] the link Tony provided should be more than sufficent to answer questions of how well LR4x4.com is secure, it's funded by donations & doesn't give any member more rights than any other member.

You hit the nail on the head Nige.

Frankly any future challenges should be referred to a statement of the forum's founding principles.

Comments beyond that should be deleted.

Those of us who have been here a while know how well it is run and how much effort mods & admin put in to make it so.

It is not a clique driven board, other than having a common interest in Land Rovers with a strong technical element.

Posts outside this area should be subject to scrutiny and deleted if they stray from the founding principles of LR4X4.

If people don't like that they should respectfully go elsewhere.

John

You hit the nail on the head Nige.

Frankly any future challenges should be referred to a statement of the forum's founding principles.

Comments beyond that should be deleted.

Those of us who have been here a while know how well it is run and how much effort mods & admin put in to make it so.

It is not a clique driven board, other than having a common interest in Land Rovers with a strong technical element.

Posts outside this area should be subject to scrutiny and deleted if they stray from the founding principles of LR4X4.

If people don't like that they should respectfully go elsewhere.

John

Perfect.

This thread is now closed.